Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/expr.c", line 3653

robackja
Beginner

Trying to evaluate Intel Compiler 15, but I can't get it to compile our C++11 code base. I've worked around some other problems (both compile find with g++-4.8 and clang++-3.5), but I having a harder time working around this one... Is this a known issue? The evaluation process is very difficult. Its unclear from the emails where or how to get support? With 30 days, it will take me 30 days to workaround just getting our code to compile... argh!

/** Call a Json::Value constructor on some type T. **/
template <typename T>
inline auto ToJson(const T& value) -> decltype(Json::Value(value))
{
    return Json::Value(value);
}

---

./shared/JsonUtil.h(814): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/expr.c", line 3653

inline auto ToJson(const T& value) -> decltype(Json::Value(value))

0 Kudos
6 Replies
robackja
Beginner

Note, I figured out a workaround,

/** Call a Json::Value constructor on some type T. **/
template <typename T>
inline Json::Value ToJson(const T& value)
{
    return Json::Value(value);
}

As I didn't write this code and I don't know why the auto/decltype was added. Maybe it was needed in the past. I'll have to ask the original author.

0 Kudos
robackja
Beginner

Spoke too soon. That workaround is not 100% equivalent C++

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi, 

The email you received with the evaluation license attached should also contain the link to Premier Support (https://premier.intel.com) you have access for submitting issues against the product and get support thereof. 

BTW, I  couldn't reproduce the issue you mention. Could you please attach the test case that can reproduce the issue? Thanks.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
robackja
Beginner

I have been unable to make a small reproducible test case outside our code base (obviously cannot post our company's code base here, its not open source). I will continue to try and find a small reproducible case until the evaluation runs out I guess.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Understood and appreciate your patience. It'll be great if you are successful in creating a test reproducer so we can address the issue.  BTW, let me know when you are nearing end of evaluation so I can ping Biz.Dev to see if they can extend the evaluation period by another 30 days. Sometimes they oblige if there is a valid justification (resulting in evaluation feedback that can further product improvement etc).

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi, any update? Looking forward to a test reproducer so this issue can be addressed, thanks much.

_Kittur

0 Kudos