Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/il.c", line 16276

shanegxxiao
Beginner
I use Intel Composer XE 2011 Update 9 build 300 to build my project, then I got the error 'internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/il.c", line 16276', caused by a macro defined in my code.The macro is used at many places, but just a few are reported the error.
I wander to know what caused this problem and how to modify my code.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It's fair to assume this is a compiler bug. You should examine how your macro expanded in the pre-processed code (e.g. icc -E yourfile.c > yourfile.i) (and perhaps compare with similar pre-processing by gcc) in case that gives you hints. Compile the pre-processed file to check that the bug is still present. You would need this pre-processed file to submit a problem report.
You could try less aggressive compiler options, such as adding -fno-inline-functions -fp-model source, and possibly -no-vec or -O0, in case those make a difference.
0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello,

that's a compiler bug in the front-end (parsing your preprocessed source file). To solve it we'd need a (small) reproducer: a small preprocessed source file with compiler options that shows this problem.

I know this is much I'm asking for but it's the only constructive way for us to understand and fix the problem. In case you're allowed to share portions of the code with me (e.g. private reply) I can create a reproducer for engineering on my own.
Once engineering has such a reproducer it's very likely to get it fixed soon.

A quick query in our defect database does not show a similar problem being posted yet.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
shanegxxiao
Beginner
sorry for later reply, I will try to make a reproducer and post.
0 Kudos
shanegxxiao
Beginner
hi, a reproducer can be downloaded here:
http://pan.baidu.com/netdisk/singlepublic?fid=171510_55697075
solution file is under folder of : .\internal error assertion failed at shared_cfe_edgcpfe_il.c, line 16276 reproducer\My Projects\T3DTry\buildFiles\VisualStudio 2008\T3DTry.sln
0 Kudos
dnesteruk
Beginner

I have also managed to reproduce this bug. The code is simple:

Player *a, *b;

for (Player* player : { a, b })
{
}

0 Kudos