Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/symbol_tbl.c", line 7885

mf
Beginner
I'm trying to compile some sources of the OpenDesignAlliance, which are 3rd party sources for me.
Doing this I get the following message:

bin\\debug\\boclib\\qtbmfno\\dwgteigha\\include\\Gs/GsBaseInclude.h(45): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/symbol_tbl.c", line 7885
class OdGsBaseVectorizeViewJoin : public OdGsBaseVectorizeView, public BaseVectorizerObject
^
I'm clueless, as it is internal.

My environment:
Intel HW
Intel Inspector XE 2011 (build 233717)
Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 (build 229127)
Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 SP1
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel Composer XE 2011 Update 11 (package 344)
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 tools.

Any help is appreciated !
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello,

that's an internal compiler error that we have to fix. No doubt about that. In order to do so we'd need a small reproducer for engineering.
Can you create one? If not, would it be possible to forward us the preprocessed output for the source file causing the error? We could create a reproducer then.

A look into our defect database did not show a similar issue. So, unfortunately, I cannot propose to use a certain/newer version as a workaround.

I'd also need the exact compiler version (see dialog "Help/About Microsoft Visual Studio"), information whether your builds are 32 or 64 bit and the command line arguments for the compiler (in "Property Pages": "C/C++/Command Line/All Options" & "C/C++/Command Line/Additional Options").

Thank you in advance & best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello Michael, all,

we were able to reproduce the problem and filed a ticket (DPD200295861). I'll keep you updated as soon as I learn more.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello,

the problem will be fixed with Intel Composer XE 2011 Update 12.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
mifalck
Beginner
Hello, we installed now Composer XE 2013, hoping the problem would be solved there too. Now we get the internal error with the same sourcecode, but pointing now to "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/ovlerload.c" line 281. So should we go back to XE 2011 Update 12 ? Many thanks and best regards Michael Falck
0 Kudos