Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

internal error: backend signals

AndrewC
New Contributor III
I am getting this error using 11.0.074 on Windows ( VS 2008) on one file with a template specialization that 10.1.025 had no problems with. The error occurs without any 'special' options. In fact the only option that makes the error go way is turning off C++ exceptions - not acceptable obviously.

I have submitted a support issue on this and it has been recognized as a bug but I am really stuck. Anyone have some tips for getting around this type of issue....

C:\>icl /c /w /Od /EHsc cmtharr_i.cpp
Intel C++ Compiler Professional for applications running on IA-32, Version 11
.0 Build 20090318 Package ID: w_cproc_p_11.0.074
Copyright (C) 1985-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

cmtharr_i.cpp
(0): internal error: backend signals

compilation aborted for cmtharr_i.cpp (code 4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maximillia_D_Intel
Quoting - vasci_intel
I am getting this error using 11.0.074 on Windows ( VS 2008) on one file with a template specialization that 10.1.025 had no problems with. The error occurs without any 'special' options. In fact the only option that makes the error go way is turning off C++ exceptions - not acceptable obviously.

I have submitted a support issue on this and it has been recognized as a bug but I am really stuck. Anyone have some tips for getting around this type of issue....

C:>icl /c /w /Od /EHsc cmtharr_i.cpp
Intel C++ Compiler Professional for applications running on IA-32, Version 11
.0 Build 20090318 Package ID: w_cproc_p_11.0.074
Copyright (C) 1985-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

cmtharr_i.cpp
(0): internal error: backend signals

compilation aborted for cmtharr_i.cpp (code 4)

Two things you cantry temporarily:
1. Compile this one file with the 10.1 version.
2. Compile this one file with the MS compiler

You could then link in the object with your other icc built objects. The compilers are object compatible so linking should work.
0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

Two things you cantry temporarily:
1. Compile this one file with the 10.1 version.
2. Compile this one file with the MS compiler

You could then link in the object with your other icc built objects. The compilers are object compatible so linking should work.

How is it possible to compile a single file with a different version of the compiler in the Visual Studio environment?

Unfortunately the file will not compile with MS compiler due to language support issues ( template syntax support).
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If the MSVC template support doesn't work with your example, ICL doesn't provide a viable alternative, as it should provide [bug] compatibility .
0 Kudos