Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

internal error in icpc 14

René_M_
Beginner

I reproducibly get an 

internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/checkdir.c", line 5595

when compiling https://github.com/wwu-numerik/DUNE-Multiscale/blob/threaded_msfem/dune/multiscale/common/righthandside_assembler.cc#L155 with icpc 14.0.1 20131008 on ubuntu 13.10 with gcc 4.7.3 and -fopenmp and -std=c++11. The assertion does not trigger if I disable the parallel section by commenting line 155. I have a couple more, similar regions in other compile units that never trigger the assertion. 

Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you, I received your test case and confirm it's DPD200248106 which should be fixed in the next update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

This looks like it may be the same issue as DPD200248106 in our internal bugs database. Would you be able to supply preprocessed test case?  (compile with -E switch and save the output)

0 Kudos
René_M_
Beginner

I've uploaded a txt containing the output twice via the below form, but it doesn't show anywhere before submitting... 
So maybe I can :)

0 Kudos
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you, I received your test case and confirm it's DPD200248106 which should be fixed in the next update.

0 Kudos