Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

-ip option

Dmitrichenko__Max

Is it OK that the code compiled with -ip option is incompatible with the code compiled without -ip?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee
Max, I just tried with our latest 15.0 beta version of our compiler and it passes successfully. I'll keep you updated as soon as the 15.0 version is released. In the meantime, let me know if you want me to add your name to the beta invite list for 15.0? _Regards, Kittur
0 Kudos
Dmitrichenko__Max

Kittur, why not? It's better to find problems before release ) So feel free to add me to the beta invite list.

Also, it would be good to know if I've chosen the right workaround of this problem with current compiler version. I mean compiling my code with -ip switch. Theoretically it could be so, that it just hides the problem and crashes can happen in other places or in other conditions.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
Max, I agree and I've passed on your name to the beta coordinator for adding to the beta invite list. With regard to whether using -ip as a workaround I am awaiting a response from our dev team and will update you as soon as I get a confirmation. Again, appreciate your patience :-) _Kittur
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
Max, this issue is still being investigated by our dev team and will keep you updated as soon as I've some response on their investigation, fyi. _kittur
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Max, 
Thanks for your patience, the latest 15.0 Update 1 release contains the fix for this issue  which you can download from the Intel Registration Center, appreciate much.
_Kittur 

0 Kudos