Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

ippiDemo.xcodeproj Xcode project does not build

Jaime_Rios
Beginner
Hi, I am in the process of evaluating the Intel JPEG functions for an internal project.

I have the Intel C++ Compiler 11.1 installed for Xcode.

I downloaded the Mac OS X Universal distributions of the "Main Samples" projects from http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-code-samples/

When I first attempted to build it, of course it wouldn't build because I didn't read the Readme.htm file first.

However, even after setting the necessary user-defined-variables, I am still running into various problems.

Now, I am using Xcode 3.2 and attempting to use gcc 4.0. When the project first opened, it was set to use gcc 4.2, but, you cannot use gcc 4.2 with the way the project was set up: targeting the 10.4 SDK.

So here's my question: is there an updated project or updated instructions for how to use this sample?

I love to view code first then delve into documentation to understand how to use the SDK, but if there is none available, that would just mean a little more time has to be spent thumbing through the Intel IPP documentation.

Anyway, thanks in advance and I appreciate any help on this matter!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jaime_Rios
Beginner
I'm replying to my own thread to give an update on what I found: Although the documentation states that I have to set the COMPILER_HOME variable, it did not mention the IPPROOT variable having to be set. Setting the IPPROOT variable did solve some compile problems. Also, the project had the following link option set: -lippcore_l -lippi_l -lipps_l None of these libraries actually exist on my computer. When I look through the /Developer/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/067 or /Developer/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/089 directory, I find a whole bunch of static libraries, but not the ones listed above. I'm now in the process of trying to figure out which libraries should be used in place of the above listed static libraries. Again, thanks in advance!
0 Kudos