Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

is inaccessible and has no member

DLake1
New Contributor I

Compiler XE 14 and boost 1.54

errors:

error #373: "boost::asio::detail::noncopyable::noncopyable(const boost::asio::detail::noncopyable &)" (declared at line 32 of "path removed\boost/asio/detail/noncopyable.hpp") is inaccessible    path removed\boost\asio\basic_streambuf.hpp

error : class "boost::asio::basic_socket_iostream<boost::asio::ip::tcp, boost::asio::stream_socket_service<boost::asio::ip::tcp>, boost::posix_time::ptime, boost::asio::time_traits<boost::posix_time::ptime>, boost::asio::deadline_timer_service<boost::posix_time::ptime, boost::asio::time_traits<boost::posix_time::ptime>>>" has no member "read_some"    path removed\boost\asio\impl\read.hpp

Please explain.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JenniferJ

This issue is new. Could you please attach the .i file and command line?

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

I dont have an .i file anywhere, I'm using visual studio 2010 if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

I fixed the second error but still having trouble with the first:

"boost::asio::detail::noncopyable::noncopyable(const boost::asio::detail::noncopyable &)" (declared at line 31 of "path removed\boost/asio/detail/noncopyable.hpp") is inaccessible
1>        private noncopyable
1>                  ^

if I comment private in the noncopyable class:

class noncopyable{ protected:   noncopyable() {}   ~noncopyable() {} private:   noncopyable(const noncopyable&);   const noncopyable& operator=(const noncopyable&); };

I get an LNK2019 instead

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You would make the pre-processed file by a command line such as

icl -E -I..... *.cpp > your.i

This would show how the includes were resolved.

A mixture of forward and back slashes in paths doesn't look right.

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

commanderlake wrote:

Got the .i files but they are huge!

It is normal for preprocessed files to have size of several hundreds megabytes, if not gigabytes. You can always zip them and upload an archive.

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

I meant big for files containing text, they are a perfectly manageable size, the most significant one I uploaded with my last post.

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II

commanderlake wrote:

[....] I uploaded with my last post.

oops, I must have been overworked, I have not noticed that fact, sorry for the noise :-)

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

My project is on hold till I solve this.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

I got other different errors with the .i file. which VC are you using? are you building for x64 or win32?

Jennifer

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

Got the .i files but they are huge!

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I
Heres the .i file again, I did a rebuild the first time and missed the errors saying it couldnt find the obj files, let me know if u need any of the other .i files. I'm building for win32, how do I know what VC I'm using?
0 Kudos
Amanda_S_Intel
Employee

I am working on a similar problem. I can reproduce the error with your test case and icl 14.0:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\boost154\boost/asio/basic_streambuf.hpp(113): error #373: "boost::asio::detail::noncopyable::noncopyable(const boost::asio::detail::noncopyable &)" (declared at line 31 of "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\boost154\boost/asio/detail/noncopyable.hpp") is inaccessible
private noncopyable
^
detected during:
implicit generation of "boost::asio::basic_streambuf<Allocator>::basic_streambuf(const boost::asio::basic_streambuf<std::allocator<char>> &) [with Allocator=std::allocator<char>]" at line 161 of "RCClientPPDlg.cpp"
instantiation of class "boost::asio::basic_streambuf<Allocator> [with Allocator=std::allocator<char>]" at line 161 of "RCClientPPDlg.cpp"

Does the code compile with the Microsoft compiler (unless of course you are using Intel-specfic syntax)?

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

I worked around the issue by simply removing the noncopyable attribute (or whatever its called).

0 Kudos