Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

libguide.so

Danesh_Daroui
Beginner
Hi all,

I am trying to link PARDISO library (not the one included in MKL but the original version from PARDISO developers) but during linking it complains about fail to find "libguide.so". I searched in the path I intel c++ compiler but the file doesn't exist. I use Intel C++ 2011 under Linux 64-bit and as fat as I remember the file "libguide.so" used to exist in "lib" directory of the compiler but it seems that it is not included anymore. Anyone know where can I find this file or it is replaced by something else? The PARDISO that i downloaded is itself a library file (.so file) and looks after "libguide.so" during linking.

Thanks in advance,

D.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
All supported versions of icpc include libiomp5.so in the compiler library folder, which will be added to the PATHs when you source the iccvars or compilervars script, depending on the compiler version. libiomp5.so is no longer present in the MKL library directory for current icpc versions.
e.g.
source /composerxe-2011/bin/compilervars.sh
will put it in LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
/composerxe-2011.3.177/compiler/lib/intel64/libiomp5.so
0 Kudos
Danesh_Daroui
Beginner
I see. Thanks but I had asked for "libguide.so", does "libiomp5.so" include "libguide.so"? PARDISO looks for "libguide.so" during linking which does not exis in Intel C++ Compiler 2011 or I can't find it. Any solution for that?

Thanks,

D.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I guess you are trying to use a very old version of MKL. libiomp5.so includes all the function support which was in libguide.so. I suppose you could try copying libiomp5.so to libguide.so, at the risk of an untested combination of versions. The old libguide which came with the MKL would be OK if you don't use OpenMP or auto-parallel anywhere besides the old MKL.
0 Kudos