Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

/libiomp5.a(iomp.o) malformed object (LC_SEGMENT command 0 filesize field greater than vmsize field)

Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I am using the IPP 7.0.4 version of the library on Mac OSX 10.6.
I am statically linking the IPP / UMC H264 video decoder into our application with all the static libraries needed.

I am re-linking all static libraries with my own .a and I am seeing this error from ld:

/usr/bin/libtool: for architecture i386 object: /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.4.184/compiler/lib/libiomp5.a(iomp.o) malformed object (LC_SEGMENT command 0 filesize field greater than vmsize field)

Am I missing another .a file to link against?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Herrick_Muhlestein
I am re-linking all static libraries with my own .a and I am seeing this error from ld:

/usr/bin/libtool: for architecture i386 object: /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.4.184/compiler/lib/libiomp5.a(iomp.o) malformed object (LC_SEGMENT command 0 filesize field greater than vmsize field)

Am I missing another .a file to link against?

Thanks,
Herrick
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Herrick,

I'd like transfer the issue to Intel ComposerXE forum, wheresome compilerdevelopermay help on the IntelOpenMP library libiomp5.a.
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=83673

A temp workaroundmay be- to avoid to use the static OpenMP library.
for example, just link ipp*_l.lib in your own.a. All ipp*_l.ib issequential library, whichdon'trequire the libiomp5* library.

Best Regards,
Ying H

0 Kudos
Herrick_Muhlestein
Here is another issue: the output of "nm" with this library on Mac OSX 10.6 is:

nm -arch i386 libiomp5.a

nm: for architecture i386 object: libiomp5.a(iomp.o) malformed object (LC_SEGMENT command 0 filesize field greater than vmsize field)

Is the i386 version of the library corrupt in some way? The strange thing is, that when I link this into a dylib, it still works, but not if I link it into another .a.

Thanks, and please advise,
Herrick
0 Kudos