Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

libmmd.dll conflicts with applications startup

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sirs,

i encountered a problem recently that has to do with libmm.dll location direcatory "C:\Windows\System32"

i am using currently two softwares for work purposes

one of these programs is -Ansys fluent-, initially the program freezes and crashes upon start until i found the workaround to change the name of libmm.dll to anything else (for example i used libmmd1.dll) this enables the program to start normally. However, with this name change it prevents another program, -Aspen hysys- from start and results in crashing upon start. Currently i am changing the name back and forth of this file to enable use of these softwares simalutaneously. Is there a reason why this is happening, if so is there a better way of making both softwares work without having to change the file name. My understanding is that this dynamic link library is used by each of the applications. I appreciate your help if any, thanks.

Regards,

Bassem younes

Process Engineer

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Can you please share the compiler version used?

For example oneAPI/ Parallel studio puts libmmd.dll in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler

So, maybe your application is putting the dll file in the C:\Windows\System32 location and different versions or applications might install different dll versions.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

That explains it, Thank you for the response, I am not aware how to obtain the compiler version used, if you may tell me how i would be able to share it with you. 

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

After sourcing the environment you can check the intel compiler version icl(classic compiler) by using icl --version in the command prompt.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Can you please provide any updates regarding your query?

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Thank you for your help. you may close the thread. Unfortunetly i am not able to retrieve info on using the CMD intel compiler version command. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

If you want to see the compiler version used, for example, icl compiler version can be seen by searching icl.exe in your system and executing it or as mentioned above after sourcing run the icl --version command.

We are closing this thread for now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos