Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

libstdc++

tjl
Beginner
I have the problem with icc 9.0 documented at http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/c/linux/sb/CS-021700.htm

Compiler reports can not find "-lstdc++_shared" during linking

According to the documentation this is supposed to be fixed in 9.0.027, but when I try to download I get 9.0.021 as before.

So how am I supposed to fix this?

Tony Ladd
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maximillia_D_Intel

Can you explain your download issue a bit more?

I logged into premier and I see the 9.0.027 compiler (l_cc_c_9.0.027_ia32.tar), just fine.

Do you see this compiler?Or when you click do you get something else?

Max

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Apparently, when people obtain a license, it comes with a link to 9.0.021, with inadequate explanation of the preference for using a premier.intel.com account to obtain a current version.
0 Kudos
tjl
Beginner
The problem I was having is that the non-commercial and evaluation downloads still point to 9.0.021. I got a temporary premier account via an evaluation license and was able to download 9.0.027, which fixed the problem.

What is hard to understand is the motivation behind leaving a link to a compiler that has a well-documented and catastrophic bug, when a corrected version is available.
0 Kudos
Maximillia_D_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It looks like the issue pertains to our schedule for evaluation updates not always being up-to-date with the latest web-refresh. There's a lot more detail in there than you probably care to know. I definitely think it helps customer evals if customer's don't run into serious problems that may be fixed in other versions of the compiler so I understand your point. I have brought this detail to the attention of others on the team and will determine the best course of action.

Thanks and regards,

Max

0 Kudos