Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

link errors; e.g. __builtin_ia32_cvtdq2ps using icc 12.1.3.20120212 under 64-bit linux

Jim_Veitch
Beginner
Hi, I see link errors building gcc code:
undefined reference to `__builtin_ia32_loadups'
undefined reference to `__builtin_ia32_punpcklwd128'
etc.
This is code to vectorize under gcc, which is our major development environment.
Any ideas what I can do? Is there some sort of compatibility lag I should be using?
Here is the link command:
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/bin/intel64/icpc -O0 -g -fPIC -w -inline-debug-info -mkl=sequential -fp-model strict -fp-model source -fp-model except -fp-speculation=off CMakeFiles/Analysis.dir/AnalysisOrg/Analysis.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Analysis.dir/home/jveitch/TS/trunk1/buildTools/dbgmem.cpp.o CMakeFiles/Analysis.dir/IonVersion.cpp.o -o Analysis -rdynamic libion-analysis.a -lgsl -lgslcblas -lpthread -llapack_atlas -latlas /home/jveitch/TS/trunk1/Analysis/../external//fftw-3.3/lib/libfftw3.a /home/jveitch/TS/trunk1/Analysis/../external//hdf5-1.8.8/lib/libhdf5.a /home/jveitch/TS/trunk1/Analysis/../external/kmeans-1.7/libkmeans.so /home/jveitch/TS/trunk1/Analysis/../external//boost-1.49.0/lib/libboost_serialization.a -lblas -llapack libfile-io.a -lz -llapack_atlas -latlas
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee
Hi Jim

I am looking into this issue. Will keep you posted on the proceedings. Thank you for letting us know.

Regards
Anoop
0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee
Hi Jim

I am currently working with the Development Engineers to get this fixed. Will let you know when we have it fixed. Thank youfor reporting this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Anoop
0 Kudos
Jim_Veitch
Beginner
OK I have resolved this. GCC intrinsics are different than ICC intrinsics, but it turns out that GCC also has header files maps ICC to GCC intrinsics. Reading this header file tells me how to map GCC to ICC instead.
emmintrin.h xmmintrin.h
0 Kudos