Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

lot of warning using ICC and ICPC

Surya_Narayanan_N_

I use intel xeon phi. Hence I use ICC and ICPC to compile. I use the corresponding flags

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-mmic -vec-report -I/opt/intel/include/mic -Wl,-rpath,/home/snataraj/lib/zlib-1.2.8 -Wl,-rpath,/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.2.146/compiler/lib/mic/

warning #13003: message verification failed for: 28003; reverting to internal message
warning #13003: message verification failed for: 28008; reverting to internal message
warning #13003: message verification failed for: 11076; reverting to internal message

warning #13003: message verification failed for: 15024; reverting to internal message

Linking CXX executable sssp
icpc: remark #10398: optimization reports are generated in *.optrpt files in the output directory

and my *.optrpt is also empty but i get my executable. I am not sure whether vectorization happens or not as I don't see any vectorization report

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

The  warning #13003  means that the compiler had a problem loading its message catalog. How did you get icc  in your path - did you "source" the compilervars.sh script?

0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Surya,

By seeing your options "CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-mmic -vec-report -I/opt/intel/include/mic -Wl,-rpath,/home/snataraj/lib/zlib-1.2.8 -Wl,-rpath,/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.2.146/compiler/lib/mic/", it seems like you are using cmake for building the application. Have you set the correct CC and CXX ?

You can refer to this article http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions/Cmake about using icc with cmake.

You may observe in the article the way to invoke icc with cmake:-

To use a custom compiler other than the system-wide default, the path to the C and C++ compiler needs to be specified using the CC and CXX environment variables, respectively:

$ CC=/opt/intel/bin/icc CXX=/opt/intel/bin/icpc cmake <src> 

Regards,

Sukruth H V

0 Kudos
Surya_Narayanan_N_

thank you for the help...issue resolved!

There were 2 versions of icc and icpc and I had mixed the library and executables of different version. issue sorted out by using the icc and icpc from correct paths and also informed my sysadmin regarding this :)

0 Kudos