Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

mcpcom: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5

Rawlins__David
Beginner

Hi,

I'm compiling using the 32-bit icpc version 11.1.046 on openSuSe 11.2. I'm getting the following error:

mcpcom: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have the library /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6. Do I need to upgrade the C++ compiler version? Also, I'm trying to link statically - is it going to be a problem linking to a shared library?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III
For OpenSuSE 11.1, that was the libstdc++-33. No recent g++ uses that. The application you build won't be trying to link against the old library; as the message told you, mcpcom depends on that library, so that it can run on old distros like Red Hat EL3. If the libstdc++-33 isn't available on your YaST software installation menu, you could attempt to run by making a symlink to use the current libstdc++.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aazue
New Contributor I

Hi

use this command:

linux-ugif:/usr/lib # cp libstdc++.so.6.0.12 libstdc++.so.5

you can also install an old gnu compiler version to load the true libstdc++.so.5

(search with yast2 all gcc g++ versions)

icc work perfectly with 11.2

Kind regards

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
For OpenSuSE 11.1, that was the libstdc++-33. No recent g++ uses that. The application you build won't be trying to link against the old library; as the message told you, mcpcom depends on that library, so that it can run on old distros like Red Hat EL3. If the libstdc++-33 isn't available on your YaST software installation menu, you could attempt to run by making a symlink to use the current libstdc++.
0 Kudos
Rawlins__David
Beginner

Installing libstdc++-33 did the trick. Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos