Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

microsoft development products

Greg_Anderson1
Beginner
i am trying to install Intel C++ Studio XE for Windows, but it gives a message that i need to have Microsoft development product installed. What exactly do i need to get from Microsoft to make this Intel software work? i am just wanting to install a C++ compiler for windows.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Hi! Intel compilers and other development tools are meant to be integrated into Microsoft IDE.In order to use Intel compiler and other tools you have to instal Visual Studio better its latest edition VS 2010.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The requirements are written up in the notes you have installed in the documents folder inside the compiler installation. Latest versions still support VS 2008 as well as 2010, in those versions where Microsoft accepts 3rd party tool integration.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting TimP (Intel)
The requirements are written up in the notes you have installed in the documents folder inside the compiler installation. Latest versions still support VS 2008 as well as 2010, in those versions where Microsoft accepts 3rd party tool integration.

I'd like to add VS 2005 to the list of VSs. Please take into account that Intel C++ compiler won't be integrated with Express Editions of VSs.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
i am trying to install Intel C++ Studio XE for Windows, but it gives a message that i need to have Microsoft development product installed. What exactly do i need to get from Microsoft to make this Intel software work? i am just wanting to install a C++ compiler for windows.

Please take a look at a similar thread:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=97240&o=a&s=lr

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
You can also try the newest Visual Studio 2012.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
As far as I know, VS2012 doesn't work with released ICL (12.1). I think there was an effort to support the VS2011 version with the ICL 13.0 beta, but it seems to be a moving target. My efforts to try VS2011/2012 have been in vain anyway, it doesn't seem accessible in my MSDN subscription (other than Express, which has never allowed plug-in compilers such as ICL).
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
The detailed requirements are in the Release Notes. Here is a summary of the requirments for different versions of Intel C++ compiler as well: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-windows-intel-c-compilers-and-microsoft-visual-c/

The VS2012 is not supported becuase it is in beta still.

Jennifer
0 Kudos