Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

newbie_fortran_ifort_forum?

foxbat1155
Beginner
Hello, I would like to ask if is there a suitable place to ask questions about the "ifort" command, the intel fortran compiler?
Is there a proper forum to ask for help related to the ifort?
By the way, are the bounds checking options the same when compiling fortran or c and if that is the case, is it ok to ask in this forum?
Thankyou.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Hello, I would like to ask if is there a suitable place to ask questions about the "ifort" command, the intel fortran compiler?

There are two Intel Software Network Forums focused on Fortran:

Intel Fortran Compiler for Linux and Mac OS* X

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows

By the way, are the bounds checking options the same when compiling Fortran or C?

No; because of the nature of C, in particular the (sometimes promiscuous) use of pointers and aliased variables, it is much more difficult to do bounds checking in C.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There are two Intel Software Network Forums focused on Fortran:

Intel Fortran Compiler for Linux and Mac OS* X

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows

By the way, are the bounds checking options the same when compiling Fortran or C?

No; because of the nature of C, in particular the (sometimes promiscuous) use of pointers and aliased variables, it is much more difficult to do bounds checking in C.
0 Kudos
foxbat1155
Beginner
Ok, thankyou very much. =)
0 Kudos