Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
7568 Discussions

no instance of overloaded function matches the argument list

Folin_J_
Beginner

when I use ICC 13.1 with vs2012u2 to compile latest firefox (http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/) , I get errors.

HTMLAnchorElement.cpp

d:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/HTMLAnchorElement.cpp(18): error: no instance of overloaded function "mozilla::dom::NewHTMLElementHelper::Create" matches the argument list

argument types are: (already_AddRefed<nsINodeInfo>)

NS_IMPL_NS_NEW_HTML_ELEMENT(Anchor)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ

Thanks for the source file.

But I need the .i file in order to duplicate the issue. from your build-env, could you do this and  the .i file might be under the current-dir or the dir where HTMLAnchorElement.cpp is?

icl -c -D_HAS_EXCEPTIONS=0 -I../../../../dist/stl_wrappers -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEXPORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -DIMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DNO_NSPR_10_SUPPORT -DEXCLUDE_SKIA_DEPENDENCIES -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DNOMINMAX -D_CRT_RAND_S -DCERT_CHAIN_PARA_HAS_EXTRA_FIELDS -D_SECURE_ATL -DCHROMIUM_BUILD -DU_STATIC_IMPLEMENTATION -DOS_WIN=1 -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_WINDOWS -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN -DCOMPILER_MSVC -D_IMPL_NS_LAYOUT -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/ipc/chromium/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/ipc/glue -I../../../../ipc/ipdl/_ipdlheaders -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src -I. -I../../../../dist/include -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/obj-vca/dist/include/nspr -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/obj-vca/dist/include/nss -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../document/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../base/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../events/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../xbl/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../xul/content/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../layout/forms -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../layout/style -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../layout/tables -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../layout/xul/base/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../layout/generic -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../dom/base -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../editor/libeditor/base -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../editor/libeditor/text -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../editor/txmgr/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/../../../../netwerk/base/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src -Id:/develop/mozilla/ICC/xpcom/ds -wd4099 -TP -nologo -w -Gy -Fdgenerated.pdb -wd4251 -wd4244 -wd4345 -wd4351 -wd4482 -wd4800 -wd4819 -we4553 -GR- -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Oy- -MD -FI ../../../../dist/include/mozilla-config.h -DMOZILLA_CLIENT /EP /P d:/develop/mozilla/ICC/content/html/content/src/HTMLAnchorElement.cpp

Folin_J_
Beginner

attached

Folin_J_
Beginner

any thoughts?