Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

oneAPI 2022 Windows Release Issues

Mentzer__Stuart

I found two issues with the oneAPI 2022 Windows release that affects all the compilers (not just C++):

1. The vars.bat files such as in compiler\latest\env have not been updated with vs2022 support so the approach of calling the vars.bat just on the component(s) you need is broken. (This is still necessary for me because the conflict with Qt DLLs in the itac\bin directory that the root setvars.bat puts on the PATH that I reported some time ago is still present.)
  2. The compatibility page has not been updated to show what versions of VS are compatible with oneAPI 2022 release. Doing this simultaneously with each release should be part of the release process as we users need to update to a compatible VS version before VS moves on to newer versions (or else we have to do the annoying process of reinstalling an earlier version).
  3. Bonus (minor) issue: In various places it is called oneAPI 2022, 2022.0, and 2022.1. Kind of confusing, not to mention that the classic compilers are 2021.5.0 and the others are 2022.0.0.

Thanks,
Stuart

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issues.

We have reported this issue to the concerned development team. They are looking into this issue and will get back to you soon once your issue is fixed.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. The issue raised by you has been fixed in Intel OneAPI BaseToolkit 2022.1.0. We have checked for the VS 2022 in the vars.bat files such as in compiler\latest\env  and it is updated as shown in the below screenshot.

HemanthCH_Intel_0-1655729790761.png

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
HemanthCH_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemanth

0 Kudos