Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

optimization notes repeated multiple times in MSFT Visual Studio

David_M_17
Novice

I like the inclusion of Intel compiler optimization notes in Visual Studio.   The compiler optimization report is very nice.  The notes boxes embedded in the source files used to be helpful.  After working with the same project through several iterations of builds I notice that the notes box now list "7 optimization notes"   The exact same sentence is repeated in the source node comment text box 7 times!    The Compiler optimization report box at the bottom only lists each item once.    The optrpt file doesn't repeat the same sentence 7 times, why does the embedded comment box get cluttered like this.  Is there some way to clean it up?    Or do I just have to ignore it and rely exclusively on the compiler optimization box?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, David

Do you mean that the 7 repeated comments text box show up after you build the project for several times?

Does it show up the first time you build up the project?

Have you tried clean up the project, and rebuild all? Will you still see the problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi David,
I am not able to reproduce the issue.  Can you please do the following and try out:

• Close visual studio, open visual studio

• Clean project/build project

• Close visual studio, remove .db3 file, located near the solution file and then open visual studio and rebuild the project

• If  the above steps don't resolve the issue, can you please attach a reproducer with steps to reproduce (to root cause the issue) and the screenshots as well? That would help me reproduce the issue and file with the developers as well.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Kittur  

0 Kudos
David_M_17
Novice

Thank you Kittur, Yolanda,  A simple rebuild cleaned this up (without closing and restarting Visual Studio).  If I am able to reproduce this I will capture the steps and let you know.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Great to know, thanks David. Yes, if you bump into that scenario you can update this issue and let us know - appreciate much.

Kittur

0 Kudos