Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

option 'cluster-openmp' not supported

youzy
Beginner

I havedownload openmp 11.1 from the Intel website and installed, but I use it and have next problem.
Icompiled it with' icc -cluster-openmp hello.c -o hello ' , but I have this problem:
option 'cluster-openmp' not supported
Where is my problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Intel_Software_Netw1

Because Cluster OpenMP* for Intel Compilersis nowincluded withthe compilers, I'm moving this thread to the IntelC++ Compilerforum for the Intel Software Development Products team to address.

If you have Intel Premier Support as part of your license, you can also submit secure, encrypted questions to Intel Premier Support:

https://premier.intel.com

Thank you.

==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support

0 Kudos
Yang
Beginner
I purchased v11.1 based on the information that Cluster OpenMP is included in the newer version of the compiler, only to find the following in the Release Notes:
"1.3.2 Cluster OpenMP* Libraries and Command Line Options Deprecated
The Cluster OpenMP* feature, available as an unsupported option from whatif.intel.com,
depends on libraries and command line support in the compiler product. These libraries and the
command line support will be removed from the next major release of the compiler, at which
point the Cluster OpenMP feature will no longer be available for use.
Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition 11.1 for Linux*
Installation Guide and Release Notes 8 "
So it is here with v11.1, and will go away in v12?
Yang
0 Kudos