Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

pe-dir-rule problem

chenghuiming_bjgmail
command
/opt/icc/cc/11.2.012b/bin/icc -big-endian -pe-dir-rule=./pe /opt/icc/cc/11.2.012b/bin/icc/cc/11.2.012b/include/__intel_prolog.h /opt/icc/cc/11.2.012b/bin/icc/cc/11.2.012b/include/__intel_epilog.h a.c
icc: command line error: 1 arguments not expected for '-pe-dir-rule', expecting 3
testcase is attached.
the small testcase can not work, but in compiling environment, it work, but for me there is other problem
Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

I see that you are using our bi-endian compiler.

The -pe-dir-rule option takes three arguments -- a regular expression, a prolog file, and a epilog file. You did not specify a regular expressionand you did not put thearguments inquotes.

Something like this works:

icc -big-endian -pe-dir-rule="/usr/intel /usr/intel/prolog.h /usr/intel/epilog.h" a.c

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

I see that you are using our bi-endian compiler.

The -pe-dir-rule option takes three arguments -- a regular expression, a prolog file, and a epilog file. You did not specify a regular expressionand you did not put thearguments inquotes.

Something like this works:

icc -big-endian -pe-dir-rule="/usr/intel /usr/intel/prolog.h /usr/intel/epilog.h" a.c

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee
Thanks Judy. I've also routed this post link to Xinan, my Intel Peer who handles the Bi-endian compiler as an FYI.

-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
chenghuiming_bjgmail
Thanks
BTW, regular expression of -pe-dir-rule doesn't have not the same effect with -Iheader_file_path.
0 Kudos