Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

": internal error: 010101_1

Saran_T_
Beginner

I'm trying to compile Chombo on Mac OS X using the Intel compiler, however mcpcom fails after ~10 seconds, giving only the following error message

": internal error: 010101_1

This occurs whenever I try to compile at -O2 or above, but the problem disappears at -O1. Obviously this message is not very helpful to me at all as I have no idea what exactly is causing this.

The fully-preprocessed source file can be found here.

The exact compiler version is:

icpc version 15.0.1 (gcc version 4.9.0 compatibility)

The version of the LLVM/Clang toolchain used to setup the environment is:

Apple LLVM version 6.0 (clang-600.0.56) (based on LLVM 3.5svn)

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0

Thread model: posix

-----

In case it helps, I also tried to compile the same file on Linux. The problem does NOT occur there. The compiler version on the Linux machine is:

icpc version 15.0.1 (gcc version 4.3.0 compatibility)

The gcc toolchain is:

Using built-in specs.

Target: x86_64-suse-linux

Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,obj-c++,java,ada --enable-checking=release --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.3 --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --with-bugurl=http://bugs.opensuse.org/ --with-pkgversion='SUSE Linux' --disable-libgcj --disable-libmudflap --with-slibdir=/lib64 --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --program-suffix=-4.3 --enable-linux-futex --without-system-libunwind --with-cpu=generic --build=x86_64-suse-linux

Thread model: posix

gcc version 4.3.4 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 152973] (SUSE Linux) 

The fully-preprocessed source file from the Linux machine can be found here.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>Obviously this message is not very helpful to me >>>

Because this is ICE and this kind of error description is probably not intended to be meaningful for compiler user.

0 Kudos
Saran_T_
Beginner

Yes, however I thought someone from Intel might be able to provide extra info on exactly which line of code triggered this. I suspect this might be something in Clang's C++ library as I also managed to trigger the same error with a few other source files from Chombo.

I don't have access to Premier Support, so here is just about my only point of contact with Intel.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Saran,

Thank you for the preprocessed source file.  I reproduced the problem with it, and entered this issue to our problem-tracking database.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Saran,

I was informed that this issue has been addessed in Composer XE 2015 Update 3, which could be downloaded in https://registrationcenter.intel.com.  I’m closing this issue now.  Please feel free to reopen it or create a new issue if the problem still persists in Update 3.

Thank you for your issue submission.

0 Kudos