Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

"libmmdd.dll was not found"

robert_thompson
Beginner
I have a Visual Studio 2005 project that compiles fine with both the Intel and the Microsoft compilers. When I try to run the Intel-compiled version, I get the message: "This application has failed to start because libmmdd.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

After Googling around, I found an Intel page that says libmmdd.dll requires msvcrtd.dll in order to run. I have copied a 2004 version of msvcrtd.dll to my WindowsSystem32 directory, but the problem remains. (The Intel workaround mentioned on the page involves a 415 MB download from Microsoft, and isn't really an option).

What can I do to make this work? If I can't run the compiled code, the compiler is of little use to me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Haiou_Shen
Beginner
You need to add
"IntelC++PathEM64TBin"
to your system's environment variables: "PATH" under ->->
and
"IntelC++PathEM64TLib"
to your system's environment variables: "lib" under ->->
I face the same problem, and now it solved.

Good Luck.

I have a Visual Studio 2005 project that compiles fine with both the Intel and the Microsoft compilers. When I try to run the Intel-compiled version, I get the message: "This application has failed to start because libmmdd.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

After Googling around, I found an Intel page that says libmmdd.dll requires msvcrtd.dll in order to run. I have copied a 2004 version of msvcrtd.dll to my WindowsSystem32 directory, but the problem remains. (The Intel workaround mentioned on the page involves a 415 MB download from Microsoft, and isn't really an option).

What can I do to make this work? If I can't run the compiled code, the compiler is of little use to me.

0 Kudos