Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

"problem with microsoft compilation of DspFilter.cpp"

thevinn
Beginner
When building a project with Intel C++ I am getting a warning on a particular file:

icl: warning #10210: problem with Microsoft compilation of '..\source\DspFilter.cpp'

This results in a build error:

BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file 'C:\Dev\_build\_int\DSPTestRelDebug\DspFilter.sbr': No such file or directory

When I change the compiler used just for that one source file, to Microsoft Visual C++, no errors or warnings are generated.

The resulting .exe is still produced in either case; However the error prevents dependent targets from getting built.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JenniferJ
Quoting - thevinn
icl: warning #10210: problem with Microsoft compilation of '..sourceDspFilter.cpp'
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file 'C:Dev_build_intDSPTestRelDebugDspFilter.sbr': No such file or directory
Is it possible for you upload the buildlog.htm?

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
thevinn
Beginner
Where does the build log go?

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Quoting - thevinn
Where does the build log go?
Please follow directions here - http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showannouncement.php?a=78 to upload.

The buildlog.htm can be found under the "Debug" or "Release" directory.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
thevinn
Beginner
I have attached two logs, one the result of the Intel C++ compiler and the other with the result of the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. Here is my scenario:

My project is a static library, the target is RelDebug. It is configured to use Intel C++ for all files.

For the Microsoft Visual C++ log, I changed the one source file having problems (DspFilter.cpp) to use the Microsoft compiler, without changing anything else, and performed a rebuild.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Thanks for the log files. That helps.
There's a bug in the compiler driver in interpreting the option /FR"c:hellodebug". the icl generates debug.sbr.

Also when trying duplicating this issue, I found an IDE integration bug when setting the /FR field value to something else, the generatedcmd "bscmake.exe" has bad parameters.

For work-around, set this file "DspFilter.cpp" 's property field"Browser file" as "inherite from project". It should work after.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
There's a bug in the compiler driver in interpreting the option /FR"c:hellodebug". the icl generates debug.sbr.
The compiler drive is fine, only the IDE integration bug.

Can you also upload the .vcproj file please? Or upload file "DspFilter.cpp" property page: "Browser Information".

My error msg is different than yours. But I'd think the work-around should be the same.

Thanks again,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
thevinn
Beginner
DspFilter is an open source library I wrote, if you want to try to compile it, here is is:

http://code.google.com/p/dspfilterscpp/downloads/list

It is just one .cpp and .h

Attached is the .vcproj with DspFilter.cpp (and other sources).

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Thanks thevinn.

I'll try your program with our compiler for all the issues you've reported today.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
thevinn
Beginner
DspFilter.cpp was the only source file in the project has "Use Precompiled Headers" set to "No". When I changed DspFilter.cpp to the same setting as all the other files, and add the necessary #include for the precompiled header (my project uses precompiled headers) this problem goes away.

UPDATE: Nope, its back...

0 Kudos
_heinz
Beginner
Quoting - thevinn
I have attached two logs, one the result of the Intel C++ compiler and the other with the result of the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. Here is my scenario:

My project is a static library, the target is RelDebug. It is configured to use Intel C++ for all files.

For the Microsoft Visual C++ log, I changed the one source file having problems (DspFilter.cpp) to use the Microsoft compiler, without changing anything else, and performed a rebuild.

Hallo Jennifer,
I had have the same probs with icl: warning #10210: and BSCMAKE: error BK1506 using "Parallel Studio"
I switched off the /FRoption and the project compilessuccessful.
thanks
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

the issue with BSCMAKE error is fixed in the 12.0 Intel Parallel Composer 2011 and Intel C++ Composer XE.

thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos
Royi
Novice

It seems similar issues sometimes happens in Intel Compiler 2018 Update 1.

0 Kudos