Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

redistribute intel libraries

Mike1
Beginner
Hello,

I'm not sure to be in the good section of the Intel Forums, so please redirect me to a more suitable section if necessary ...

I built a plug-in for a Math Software (Mathcad) that computes some specific Mathematical function for my simulations. This Plug-In is a DLL for the Windows XP platform. I use Visual Studio as IDE with ICC compiler and both MKL and TBB libraries.

This perfectly works on my developer configuration, on which Visual Studio, ICC, MKL and TBB are installed from dev kits. Nevertheless, when I copy my plugin on a Windows XP platform containing only Mathcad, the plugin does not work, as if I copy the necessary Intel DLL in the software folder (these DLL were identified thanks to the command line TASKLIST utility). I have seen on the Internet that for Visual Studio software, it is necessary to install a "redist" package to enable Visual Studio applications to work on any Windows computer, and this seems to work for a plug-in that does not embed any external DLL.

My question is thus "is there a redist package for Intel Libraries" ? if not, what shoud I do to let these libraries work on any Windows platform ?

Best Regards ...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
There are several posts on this topic in the forums. There is no redist package; the commercial license, which you should read, authorizes you to include the libraries used by your application, e.g. by packing those required into a zip file.
0 Kudos
Mike1
Beginner
Thanks for your advice. I already did read the "redist.txt" file but it seemed to be a legal information file and not a technical document.
I simply copied tbb.dll AND tbbmalloc.dll in the Windows/System32 folder and now this works. I do not understand why tbbmalloc.dll is needed as my program does not call any memory allocation through TBB, and moreover it does not appear in a TASKLIST call. Nevertheless it seems to be required for a reason I do not understand, but it's not a problem.

Thanks once more !
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Mike
Thanks for your advice. I already did read the "redist.txt" file but it seemed to be a legal information file and not a technical document.
I simply copied tbb.dll AND tbbmalloc.dll in the Windows/System32 folder and now this works. I do not understand why tbbmalloc.dll is needed as my program does not call any memory allocation through TBB, and moreover it does not appear in a TASKLIST call. Nevertheless it seems to be required for a reason I do not understand, but it's not a problem.

Thanks once more !

I am copying the contest of redist.txt below from C:Program Files (x86)IntelCompiler11.0�74cppDocumentationtbb:

List of redistributable files for Intel Threading Building Blocks:

Any files installed in the following directory names (including sub-
directories of the following directory names) are redistributable:

examples
bin
lib
include
ia32
em64t
itanium

Any files installed with the following file names are also redistributable:

index.html
Release_Notes.txt
Getting_Started.pdf
Reference.pdf
Tutorial.pdf
libtbb.so
libtbb_debug.so
libtbbmalloc.so
libtbbmalloc_debug.so
libtbb.so.2
libtbb_debug.so.2
libtbbmalloc.so.2
libtbbmalloc_debug.so.2
libtbb.dylib
libtbb_debug.dylib
libtbbmalloc.dylib
libtbbmalloc_debug.dylib
tbb.dll
tbb.lib
tbb_debug.dll
tbb_debug.lib
tbbmalloc.dll
tbbmalloc.lib
tbbmalloc_debug.dll
tbbmalloc_debug.lib

You may use dependecy checker to find which module is dependent on tbbmalloc.dll.
0 Kudos