Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

shared/pgopti/spi.c:875 ASSERTX(mf_id != -1 && tf_id != -1 && rn_id != -1)

Moshe_V_Intel
Employee
Hello,
I'm using Microsoft VisualStudio2005 and Intel C++ Compiler 11.1.061 [IA-32] that comes with theIntel Parallel composer.
When Inavigate through the menu:["Build" -> "Code Coverage Operations" -> "Phase1: Instrument for code coverage"]
The Intel Compiler kicks in and starts compiling the project but breaks with an assert which seems to come from the compiler itself: "shared/pgopti/spi.c:875 ASSERTX(mf_id != -1 && tf_id != -1 && rn_id != -1)"

if i compile the code without instrumenting, everything works fine.
since i'd like to perform code coverage testing and this seems like an Intel Compiler bug, i'd appreciate if someone could help me either work around this problem or further assist you to fix this bug.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JenniferJ
There's a known issue related to this error msg that has been fixed. The fix will be available in the 1st Intel Parallel Composer update (releasing around early July if things go well).

Jennifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

I used the codecov option. It works for me. I am using VS2008 and Intel Parallel Studio.

Could you please help us with the testcase?

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
There's a known issue related to this error msg that has been fixed. The fix will be available in the 1st Intel Parallel Composer update (releasing around early July if things go well).

Jennifer
0 Kudos