Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

static+dynamic runtime

OTorg
New Contributor III

Is it possible to build application under msvc+icl with dynamic linking to msvcr*.dll in conjunction with static libm/svml_disp linking?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The compiler doc says -static-intel isn't available for Windows.   If the static .lib files you want are present in your installation, you could try to specify them explicitly in the linker dependencies.  I suppose /MT isn't what you want.

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Tim Prince wrote:
The compiler doc says -static-intel isn't available for Windows.   If the static .lib files you want are present in your installation, you could try to specify them explicitly in the linker dependencies.  I suppose /MT isn't what you want.

msvs+icl allows static msvcr + static intel math libs. I personally tried to do so and get a normal application. So I guess the possibility of dynamic msvcr + static intel math...

PS. I don't think specifying static libs explicitly in the linker dependencies is a good idea. crt model has much more close relationships with build process than simple linker dependencies.

0 Kudos