Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

stringstream bug

Jerzy_P_
Beginner

Hi,

In my program writing in C++, I use a few functions that use stringstream classes.

I do not have any problems with compilation of  my program by Visual Studio 2013 and Intel Parallel Studio 2013.

The same program I tried using  Visual Studio 2015 and Intel Parallel Studio 2015 XE Update 4.

I do not have any problems with compilation of  my program by MS compiler but when try to use Intel C++ compiler I get only one error:

1>": : error : ** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.

1>  ** Segmentation violation signal raised. **

1>  Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.

without any information which line of my source code is responsible for this error.

I tried to find the reason of the error and I found that it is related to stringstream classes.

For example, in the very short test program

//Begin

#include <sstream>

int main()

{

std::stringstream ioStream;

return 0;

}

//End

I got errors:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\type_traits(1617): error : a nonstatic member reference must be relative to a specific object

1>                         -> decltype(_STD invoke(get(), _STD forward<_Types>(_Args)...))

1>                                                 ^

What is wrong in stringstream classes? Could someone help me.

Best regards,

Jerzy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shenghong_G_Intel

Hi Jerzy,

This issue is same with the one your reported on: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/565207

It also works v16.0 beta.

Thanks,

Shenghong

0 Kudos