Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

svml_dispmd.dll not loading/ Proper runtime environment for Release

James_S_7
Beginner
Greetings, I am having issues building an executable that can run on a machine that does NOT have ICC installed. For my runtime I am linking libmmds.lib and excluding libmmd.lib. The code generation is /MD. Further, I have also tried building this as an MSI installer and included both the Microsoft and Intel redistributables: Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm and w_ccompxe_redist_intel64_2013_sp1.2.176.msm. All of this and I am still having the same issues. Any idea what I could be missing? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you have installed the redistributables which include svml_dispmd.dll, you may not have added that folder to PATH.  I don't know why you would link one static library along with dynamic ones.  If you would switch from /MD to /MT you would link all possible static libraries.

0 Kudos
James_S_7
Beginner
Thank you for your response. I am still very new to this so please bear with me. Since I am using QT in my program I want to dynamically link so that I can comply with LGPL. So I am using /MD with libmmd being linked in. Further, when I make an installer I link in the msm merge module (is this necessary for dynamically linked applications). Finally, on the computer I want to run my application I install the Intel redistributables based upon my compiler version. I am still however running into the error that libmmd cannot be loaded. What is the proper method for deploying an Intel application with dynamically linked libraries? Thanks.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

There's a more complete iescription of how to use (an older version of) redistributable library here

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/redistributable-libraries-of-the-intel-c-and-fortran-compiler-for-windows

If you check PATH on your build computer, you should see the redistributable folder in the list.  The same thing must happen on your target computer.  There may be a .bat included  to make this happen.

The Intel libraries you have mentioned aren't subject to LGPL so I see no reason why you would link the static version of one and the dynamic of another.  Besides, LGPL was changed 15 years ago so as not to distinguish between static and dynamic link.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

do you still have the issue?

As Tim noted that the "path" on the test machine should have the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler". did you check it?

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos