Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

uninstall Intel(R) Composer XE 2011 Update 8 for Linux

ebeigi3
Beginner
Dear Sir/Madam,

i installed l_fcompxe_intel64_2011.8.273.
tgz and l_ccompxe_2011.8.273.tgz, and i delete them physically, now how can i reinstall another one, because i got this error :" If you want to reinstall the Intel Composer XE 2011 Update 8 for Linux* please uninstall current version and run install script again. " could you please help me with that?

how can i reinstall them?
--

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

You deleted the files manually but the entries in RPM database are not deleted. The RPM database need to be cleaned. There should be an article on how to uninstall Intel compiler manually. I will post the pointer for the article here after locating the artcle.

0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

Please try to s following instruction using root user account:

If your system is RPM based (RHEL x, Fedora x):

1) Please get a list of installed rpm files: # > rpm -qa | grep intel | grep package number (example, rpm -qa | grep intel | grep 273). Package number can be obtained from package archive.

2) Then for each of the entries returned in step 1 call a command: # > rpm -e --nodeps --allmatches line from step 1

If your system is not RPM based (Debian, Ubuntu) or you are not a root:

1) Please open the file and remove all lines associated with package number:

a. root user case /opt/intel/intel_sdp_products.db

b. non-root user case ${HOME}/intel/intel_sdp_products.db

Final step is to remove broken symbolic links from the top of install location.

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I
hi, you can use the same command line that you use for install, but you can to use command remove in console of linux in mode root.
JudLup!
hi, you can use the same command line that you use for install, but you can to use command remove in console of linux in mode root.

JudLup!
0 Kudos