Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

unresolved external symbol error

ezah
Beginner
hi,

im just new here. i am making a vamp plugin and uses aubio library for it. i just got the vamp-aubio.lib from dll-to-lib converter.

now i encounter this error after linking the project.

>vamp-aubio.lib(vamp-aubio.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp____lc_codepage referenced in function _VAMP-AUBIO_DllMain@12

hope anybody could help me with this.

thanks.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Have you checked the glibc version requirement of your plugin, and installed compatibility libraries if applicable?
0 Kudos
ezah
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Have you checked the glibc version requirement of your plugin, and installed compatibility libraries if applicable?

thanks for the reply.

what do you mean of the glibc version?. i used the vamp sdk which was provided in the vamp website.

i am using some codes from aubio library, i already linked the vamp-aubio.lib in

Properties

what library is lacking?.

ezah

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Oh, it's a windows library. You didn't say that. Is it intended for some version of Visual Studio, or for mingw32 or some other programming system?
0 Kudos
ezah
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Oh, it's a windows library. You didn't say that. Is it intended for some version of Visual Studio, or for mingw32 or some other programming system?

you mean the vamp-sdk? nope its the vamp plugin sdk. if i got it right, vamp plugin sdk uses Visual Studio C++ 2008.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Does the "link error" happen with Intel C++ compiler only?
0 Kudos
ezah
Beginner
Does the "link error" happen with Intel C++ compiler only?

No, I am using Visual Studio C++.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Quoting - ezah
No, I am using Visual Studio C++.
If it's VC only, this is not the right forum.

But I did google, and found one place that /MT or /MD will make a difference. So if you're using /MT, try /MD.
0 Kudos
ezah
Beginner
If it's VC only, this is not the right forum.

But I did google, and found one place that /MT or /MD will make a difference. So if you're using /MT, try /MD.

Oh sorry, I'm just new here.

In what forum do I have to post about this?.

Thanks for the reply...

I still don't solve it. Im using /MDd.

ezah
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Quoting - ezah
In what forum do I have to post about this?.
Try this http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualc
0 Kudos