Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

warning #10210

whmoweryjr
Beginner
Hello world:

here are my 2 command line commands:

cd C:\Users\WHMoweryJr\Documents\DeepLearninToga 1.9\DeepLearninToga 1.9.6\src

icl /nologo /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /Fp"Release/Toga.pch" /Fo"Release/" /Fd"Release/" /FD /O3 /G7 /GA /GF /Gs /Zm1000 /W5 /Qprof_gen /Qprof_dir"Release/" attack.cpp board.cpp book.cpp eval.cpp fen.cpp hash.cpp learn.cpp list.cpp main.cpp material.cpp move.cpp move_check.cpp move_do.cpp move_evasion.cpp move_gen.cpp move_legal.cpp option.cpp pawn.cpp piece.cpp posix.cpp probe.cpp protocol.cpp pst.cpp pv.cpp random.cpp recog.cpp search.cpp search_full.cpp see.cpp sort.cpp square.cpp trans.cpp util.cpp value.cpp vector.cpp /link /OUT:"Release\Toga.exe"

==========================================================================
and here is what the command line window looks like in part:

util.cpp(176): warning #1786: function "strcpy" (declared at line 74 of "C:\Prog
ram Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\INCLUDE\string.h") was declared "
deprecated ("This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s in
stead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for
details.") "
strcpy(address,string);
^

value.cpp
vector.cpp
icl: warning #10210: problem with Microsoft compilation of 'attack.cpp'

C:\Users\WHMoweryJr\Documents\DeepLearninToga 1.9\DeepLearninToga 1.9.6\src>

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

I have not encountered this warning. I can help you investigate it but need the source file to reproduce the issue.

0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

This warning occurs when (under certain circumstances) the Intel compiler is forced to call the Microsoft
compiler and the Microsoft compiler can't compile the code.One of these cases is when you
use the /FD (generate file dependencies) switch.In order togenerate the file
dependenciesthe icl driver must call cl.

Normally the Microsoft compilation works fine and the user can't even tell that happened.
But under certain circumstances there might be something in the source file which the
Microsoft compiler can't handle. One example would be a C99 extension like _Complex types.

So you would see thiswarning for exampleif you tried to use the C99 extension thatthe Intel compiler supports
under the /Qstd=c99 (but the Microsoft compiler does not) and also put /Fd on the command line,
i.e.:

!% cat t.c

int main() {
float _Complex c;
return 0;
}
!% icl /Qstd=c99 -c /FD t.c
Intel C++ Compiler for applications running on IA-32, Version Mainline Beta
Build x
Built May 21 2009 12:47:08 by jward4 on SPTXPW2012 in F:/cmplr/dev_cfe/dev
Copyright (C) 1985-2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

t.c
icl: warning #10210: problem with Microsoft compilation of 't.c'
!%

You can determine what is in your code that the Microsoft compiler can't handle by just compiling with cl
instead of icl.

Judy

0 Kudos
will_stottucl_ac_uk
I have a project that builds (DLL) without error or warning using VC++ compiler, but reports icl: warning #10210 when I switch to the Intel Compiler. The problem is in dllmain.cpp. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi, Could you please help me with the testcase that you are trying along with the options used with icl? Regards, Sukruth H V
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...function "strcpy" (declared at line 74 of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\INCLUDE\string.h") was declared " >>deprecated ("This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s in stead. To disable deprecation, >>use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. 1. Did you try to define _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS in 'stdafx.h' file? 2. In projects with MBCS / UNICODE support I never use any direct calls to any string CRT-functions and I didn't see that warning. This is how I use str-like CRT-functions: ... #define CrtStrcpyW _tcscpy #define CrtStrcpyA strcpy ... #if ( defined ( _UNICODE ) || defined ( UNICODE ) ) ... #define CrtStrcpy CrtStrcpyW ... #else ... #define CrtStrcpy CrtStrcpyA ... #endif ... #define _UNICODE #include *string.h* void main( void ) { TCHAR szDest[16] = { 0x0 }; CrtStrcpy( &szDest[0], _T("Hello Unicode") ); }
0 Kudos