Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

warning #1224 - deprecated header iostream in helloworld example

pollgreen
Beginner
I am running Intel c++ 11.0 32 bit compiler on linux along with ganymede eclipse IDE. I have tried to setup the Eclipse system as per your installation documentation. But the HelloWorld sample project does not build error-free. It actually builds and runs, but I get this compile error:
================================================
icpc -g -O0 -I/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/069/include -I/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/069/tbb/include -I/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/069/tbb/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/Hello World.d" -MT"src/Hello\ World.d" -c -o "src/Hello World.o" "../src/Hello World.cpp" /usr/include/c++/4.1.2/backward/backward_warning.h(32): warning #1224: #warning directive: This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the header for the header for C++ includes, or instead of the deprecated header . To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. \
================================================
What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
21 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
A common way to get the backward warning is via
#include <.../hash_map> (and <.../hash_set).
If you can't avoid using that, you still have the option of -U__DEPRECATED (which g++ would do with the option -Wno-deprecated).
0 Kudos