Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

what replaces old libguide_stats.a?

RKatz1
Beginner

I have an old package, which was written for old Intel compilers (version 9 or 10). When building it with something newer, it fails to link

libguide_stats.a

Which no longer exists in Composer XE 2013. What library now includes the functions which were in libguide_stats?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Robin,

If you are trying to build your application with newer compilers, you are not supposed to need libguide_stats.a.  Please note, one should not mix and match different major versions of the compiler.  Please explain why you need that library.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Evidently, that library was involved in the old implementation of OpenMP, and it's particularly important not to mix differing versions of OpenMP libraries.  If you use Intel C++ to link, the option -qopenmp (-openmp in your version) takes care of OpenMP (libiomp5.so) and pthreads.

In case you link with gcc,  https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor includes advice on -liomp5 .

0 Kudos
RKatz1
Beginner

In reply to Feilong, the ancient makefile requested libguide and libguide_stats.  I had replaced libguide by libiomp5, but left libguide_stats in.

Anyway, next day I deleted libguide_stats, the linking proceeded and I got the executables.

I am not mixing major versions - I am using the same compiler version for Fortran, C and C++.

BTW at what version did libguide get replaced by iomp5?  I hope to amend those makefiles to link the appropriate libraries for different compiler versions.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Robin,
> BTW at what version did libguide get replaced by iomp5? 

The answer to your question above:   Version 12.0 and upwards

Thanks,
Kittur

0 Kudos