Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
1146 Discussions

At the same time there are 50 people in the video case, the server needs how much bandwidth?

Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Hello, 

At the same time there are 50 people in the video case, the server needs how much bandwidth?

Thank!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Is there anyone who can answer it?。。。。。。

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Bandwidth consumption depends on your resolution/bitrate and usage model (conference or broadcasting).

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Lei Zhai (Intel) wrote:

Bandwidth consumption depends on your resolution/bitrate and usage model (conference or broadcasting).

VGA resolution,conference model, Is the 3.2 version of the,How much bandwidth do you want?

thank

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

VGA input is controlled by your client side through SDK interface, for MCU it's downlink bandwidth consumption, which is your individual VGA publish input bandwidth x 50. If everyone subscribe mix VGA stream, the output is 800Kbps by default, so it's uplink bandwidth for MCU, which is 800Kbps x 50.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

can we calculate bandwidth as below is that correct

Server Bandwidth:

Forwarding VC Mode:

No.of Publishers x 0.4 Mbps(VGA) or 1Mb ( HD ) x (Total no.of users - 1) = Total Bandwidth

Mixing VC mode:

No.of Publishers x 800kbps(VGA) or 1 MB(HD) = Total bandwidth

Client Bandwidth:

Forward Mode:

0.4 Mbps(VGA) or 1Mb ( HD ) x (Total no.of users - 1) = Total Bandwidth

Mixing Mode:

0.4 Mbps(VGA) or 1Mb ( HD ) 

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Generally that's correct. Also please be aware that both client and server side bandwidths can be separated to down link and up link one.

0 Kudos