Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

CS Web RTC Conference Server v.15 - Installation Failed [v1.5]

Guilherme_D_
Beginner

Hello,

I've tried to install the INTEL Collaboration Service for WebRTC (version 1.5) in a ubuntu v12.04.5 LTS and I have a problem. After following the steps proposed in the guide I go the bin folder, which, in my case, is in the following path: /home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/bin

after that I try to run the script init.sh (./init.sh) and I get the following error:

/home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/manager/woogeen-manager: 1: /home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/manager/woogeen-manager: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
starting worker, logging to /home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/logs/woogeen-root-worker.log
/home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/worker/woogeen-worker: 1: /home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/worker/woogeen-worker: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
starting app, logging to /home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/logs/woogeen-root-app.log
/home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/sample/woogeen-sample: 1: /home/administrator/Desktop/INTEL/Release-v1.5/sample/woogeen-sample: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

I cannot understand the reason of this error once the mentioned applications: woogeen-manager, woogeen-worker and woogeen-sample are not script applications, they are executables. How could I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Guilherme 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

I see. The problem should be the node version is too low.

We support node.js v0.10.26 in v1.5 release which is specified in the user guide, and it is not compatible with the previous node versions since node.js itself is still being developed till now.

Please update node.js version to v0.10.26, and have a try again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

It seems to be an incompatibility issue.

Can you check the version of MongoDB by the command "mongo --version"?

Also, can you tell me the version of your node.js by the command "node -v"?

0 Kudos
Guilherme_D_
Beginner

Hello,

The output of the command "mongo --version" is: "MongoDB shell version: 2.0.4"

The output of the command "node -v" is: "v0.6.12"

How could I solve this compatibility problem??
Thank you,
Guilherme

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

I see. The problem should be the node version is too low.

We support node.js v0.10.26 in v1.5 release which is specified in the user guide, and it is not compatible with the previous node versions since node.js itself is still being developed till now.

Please update node.js version to v0.10.26, and have a try again.

0 Kudos
Guilherme_D_
Beginner

After updating the node.js this problem was solved. But now I get another type of error:

ERRO.png

I think it's related to the MongoDB. How could I solve this?

Thanks for the support,
Guilherme

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Great to hear that!

Seems that you have already moved to 2.0. And the issue you mentioned might probably be a configuration one, the missing of log4js_configuration.json.

Have you run init.sh script before start-all.sh?

0 Kudos
Sergey_P_1
Beginner

Guilherme, good day!

We now have tried to install 2.0. version. But we faced with some problemes which you have mentioned in you topic.
Have you solved it and launched version 2.0.?

Best regards,
Sergey Poduzov

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Sergey and Guilherme,

If you've met the same issue, have you guys run the "init.sh --deps" successfully?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Could you show me your MongDB version and the node JS version on your server?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Goran_J_
Beginner

root@MARS:~# mongod --version
db version v2.4.9
Mon Oct 26 14:56:57.440 git version: nogitversion

root@MARS:~# node -v

v0.10.38

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Your node and mongodb versions seem to be OK.

The create and setup script of woogeen_config.js is actually there in the bin/ folder. Please check that .woogeen_default.js is also there in the etc/ folder.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Goran_J_
Beginner

Yes the hidden file is there:

gjovanov@MARS:~/intel_webrtc_mcu/Release-v2.8/etc$ ls -al
total 24
drwxrwxr-x  4 gjovanov gjovanov 4096 Nov  7 22:40 .
drwxrwxr-x 14 gjovanov gjovanov 4096 Nov  7 22:13 ..
drwxrwxr-x  2 gjovanov gjovanov 4096 Sep 29 08:00 mcu
drwxrwxr-x  2 gjovanov gjovanov 4096 Sep 29 08:00 nuve
-rw-r--r--  1 root     root     6234 Nov  7 22:06 .woogeen_default.js
gjovanov@MARS:~/intel_webrtc_mcu/Release-v2.8/etc$

However, when we call  "init.sh --deps"  we still get:

Initializing mongodb...
MongoDB already running
Initializing default configuration...
sed: can't read /home/gjovanov/intel_webrtc_mcu/Release-v2.8/etc/woogeen_config.js: No such file or directory

We have tried several times to redownload the same package and extract it as well as reconfigure from scratch

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Goran,

Once you've successfully run the "init.sh --deps", could you try to run "init.sh" without "--deps" which would do some initialization of the woogeen configuration file?

Thanks!

0 Kudos