Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Can not share screen

Peng_M_
Beginner

I installed the lastest version (v2.8.1) and set the config.erizoController.ssl=true.And I installed the WebRTC Desktop Sharing Extension for Chrome 45.

When I visit https://xxxx:3004 and click the button "Share Screen!" there is nothing being changed and the console prints as following:

ERROR:share screen failed:

Object {code: 1103, msg="screen sharing plugin inaccessible"} ​

So could you please give me some useful solutions and I'll appreciate it a lot!!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you use the IP address or server name when you tried to share screen?

0 Kudos
Peng_M_
Beginner

CHUNBO H. (Intel) wrote:

Did you use the IP address or server name when you tried to share screen?

Yes,I found that solution in other topic and it didn't work too.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Peng,

Not sure if you're using the extension we provide, which is a sample. The solution is actually there in the client SDK doc: Intel_CS_WebRTC_User_Document.v2.8\CS_WebRTC_Client_SDK_User_Guide.v2.8\js\index.html,

"

Screen sharing extension

We provide source code of a Chrome screen sharing extension sample. Developers should edit manifest.json and publish it to Chrome App Store to make it work for their products. After your extension is published, you will get an extension ID. This ID will be used when create screen sharing stream.

Note: End users need to install your extension and visit your site with https if they want to use screen sharing.

"

Please have a try.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Peng_M_
Beginner

CHUNBO H. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Peng,

Not sure if you're using the extension we provide, which is a sample. The solution is actually there in the client SDK doc: Intel_CS_WebRTC_User_Document.v2.8\CS_WebRTC_Client_SDK_User_Guide.v2.8\js\index.html,

"

Screen sharing extension

We provide source code of a Chrome screen sharing extension sample. Developers should edit manifest.json and publish it to Chrome App Store to make it work for their products. After your extension is published, you will get an extension ID. This ID will be used when create screen sharing stream.

Note: End users need to install your extension and visit your site with https if they want to use screen sharing.

"

Please have a try.

Thanks!

The extension must be published to Chrome App Store?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Yes, this's correct.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Peng_M_
Beginner

CHUNBO H. (Intel) wrote:

Yes, this's correct.

Thanks!

Thanks!!

Happy new year!!

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

You too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kalikinkar_D_
Beginner

Dear CHUNBO,

I have done all the things to publish extension. I have installed the extension. List of screens is coming. But after sharing it is not publishing. Other people can not see the shared screen. On browser console there is no error. Please help me.

Thanks,

Kalikinkar

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Could you upload the log files accordingly?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kalikinkar_D_
Beginner

Dear Chunbo,

We have resolved the issue. We found that, to share the screen, we need to set the audio flag as "true". Is it mandatory to set the flag as "true"? Or we are missing something?

Thanks,

Kalikinkar

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Kalikinkar,

Is this audio flag used during publish or subscribe?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Peng_M_
Beginner

Kalikinkar D. wrote:

Dear Chunbo,

We have resolved the issue. We found that, to share the screen, we need to set the audio flag as "true". Is it mandatory to set the flag as "true"? Or we are missing something?

Thanks,

Kalikinkar

Hi Kalikinkar,

Where can I find the audio flag?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Kalikinkar!

Can you tell me where is your "audio:true" is set?Help!!!!!

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Please refer to the topic https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-collaboration-suite-for-webrtc/topic/604007.

If you're using Chrome 47, this is a known issue of audio-only or video-only stream operations in v2.8.x.

We've released v3.0 in which this issue has been solved.

Thanks!

0 Kudos