Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Cloud hosting

Shania_Z_
Beginner

Hi,

Can I host Intel CS for WebRTC server on a virtual machine?

If yes, which VMM does it support?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Elmer_A_Intel
Employee

The Intel CS for WebRTC provides 3 servers: Peer server (peer-to-peer signaling), MCU conference server, and Gateway server.  Although we haven't tested this, you might be able to host the Peer server on VM, but the other two servers require Intel Media SDK for media processing and therefore would not run on a VM.  What VM are you using?

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

How i can use webRTC over sublime text?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Sublime text? Do you mean to make a plugin of sublime text, and enable video conferencing inside sublime text software?

0 Kudos
Julio_C_1
Beginner

We are already in version 1.5 of  Intel CS for WebRTC.

Currently can we reliably run the 3 servers (Peer server, MCU conference server, Gateway server) inside a Virtual Machine  ?

I intend to use VMware Player 5.0  (with guest OS = Ubuntu 12.04 LTS* 64-bit  as recommended)

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

It can work like that. But, some port configuration might need to be changed between MCU and Gateway, which is 3001/3004 by default currently.

Another thing is, if you want to run MCU with Intel Media SDK, then the host OS/Image should provide the GPU hardware capability. As far as I know, VMware Player 5.0 might not be able to provide that. Right?

Let us know when you meet issues to try that.

0 Kudos
Vidura_Dhananjaya
New Contributor II

i think yes and we can use peer to peer severs

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Sound great. Let us know if any further issues.

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi, AWS cloud solution is god.

Judlup

0 Kudos
Wintermute__Michael

Does Intel have a VPS for working?

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Our product works well on docker and VM, Michael, do you have any problems when using CS WebRTC in Docker or VM?

0 Kudos