Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Does Intel CS for WebRTC supports only STUN, and not TURN?

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

If I understand correctly, I noticed that Intel CS for WebRTC framework supports only STUN? Because, there is no TURN related parameters in webrtc_agent/agent.toml file. I just want to make sure that does Intel CS for WebRTC supports only STUN, and not TURN? Please clarify.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Matsuzawa,

Thank you for your reply and information. I understand that we need to give STUN/TURN servers information in client side application. Still, we need to clarify one thing. As I explained, there is STUN parameter in webrtc_agent/agent.toml file (Server side). Do we need to give STUN server details in webrtc_agent/agent.toml file or not?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Hi, Chandramouli, currently only STUN is supported in server side.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Qiujiao,

Thank you for your reply. But, what I would like to know is "If we give STUN/TURN servers information in client side, still do we need to give STUN server details in webrtc_agent/agent.toml file? Kindly confirm.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any update would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any update would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Chandramouli

STUN/TURN server setting on client side is help expose client side to outside and connected by server side. Whether server side need to be configured with STUN server is decided by server side deployment topology. Can you please briefly describe about that, especially whether it has public address access by external?

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Lei Zhai,

Thank you for your reply. Our server side topology is very simple for now. We are deploying MCU, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, STUN/TURN in different servers (AWS) and all servers have public IP addresses. STUN/TURN server has access from exernal.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Lei Zhai,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos