Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Getting NodeJS warning after executing initcert.js script (MCU server)

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

After executing "./initcert.js" commmand in MCU server, I am getting the below warning message

(node:7775) Warning: Use Cipheriv for counter mode of aes-256-ctr

I understand that we need to use crypto.createCipheriv(), instead of crypto.createCipher(). But, where I have to change this? What is the file name?

Hence, request you to help us to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

This warning will not impact the basic functionality, and we will update this in the future release. If you want to replace by yourself, please find cipher.js in MCU package and backup the file, then replace crypto.createCipher() with crypto.createCipheriv()

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any update would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

This warning will not impact the basic functionality, and we will update this in the future release. If you want to replace by yourself, please find cipher.js in MCU package and backup the file, then replace crypto.createCipher() with crypto.createCipheriv()

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Qiujiao,

Thank you for your reply. As you suggested, I replaced in cipher.js and tested. But, sometimes, I am getting strange errors. As there is no impact on the functionality, I want to leave this for now and continue as usual. We will wait for the future release.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos