Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

H264 and Firefox Add-On OpenH264

Tadas_S_1
Beginner

Hi there,

whenever we try using Intel Collaboration Suite sample using H264 codec with Firefox OpenH264 add-on it does not work like it should. We see mixed stream, but in that place where H264 stream should be (square) there is no video, I mean encoding and sending a video works well on server side, but decoding and receiving H264 is not working. When using VP8 it works well. Are you familiar with this issue? I can provide more details if needed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Which version of MCU are you using now?

On the other hand, do you mean that you're using Firefox as the H264 client to connect MCU server subscribing H264 mix stream?

Some log data would definitely helpful.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tadas_S_1
Beginner

Currently we are using 2.1.1 version. 

Yes we are using Firefox as the client and using the sample in your solution (3004 port). Subscribing mix stream works perfectly, publishing works, but as a result in mixing stream shows as black. 

I checked the logs in the server side and client side, no errors was given, i can send it to you just let me know which logs would be most useful for you.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee
OK. One more question regarding you configuration for H264. What is that value of "openh264Enabled" in your etc/woogeen_config.js?
0 Kudos
Tadas_S_1
Beginner

Yes, that is set to true. As i was mentioning subscribing works good, so it is encoding h264 on server side perfectly, but cannot do decoding of incoming stream.

Tadas

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

OK. I think I've got your case, which is h264 stream from Firefox cannot be decoded as expected in mix mode.

Which version of Firefox are you using currently? As you may know, Firefox evolved rapidly regarding WebRTC implementation and we're trying our best to make sure the compatibility.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tadas_S_1
Beginner

Was it working on any Firefox versions? Currently we are using 39 version of Firefox on Mac. I think the problem is with OpenH264 version in your server side it is 1.2, and it is old one.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Not really, our MCU 2.1.1 released before Firefox 39 whose WebRTC stack has lot of changes, including its OpenH264. This is truly a compatibility issue.

The coming 2.5 version fixed those kind of issues for Firefox 39 and 39 beta (future version 40). Stay tuned!

0 Kudos
Tadas_S_1
Beginner

So if I download Firefox earlier version than 39, then h264 should work?

Tadas

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Tadas,

You can find the well-tested Firefox  versions in the CS_WebRTC_Conference_Server_User_Guide.v2.1.1.pdf doc accordingly.

Thanks!

0 Kudos