Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

IOS Client SDK Mixing Streams

Ferhat_D_
Beginner

Hi,

We are using Intel CS v3.4

We want to mix streams on ios client. But there is no mix() method like JavaScript and Android. How can we achieve this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Ferhat,

Mix() is not yet supported in iOS SDK. However, Mix() does not mix streams in local device. It asks MCU to mix a specific stream to mixed stream.

0 Kudos
Ferhat_D_
Beginner

Ok. You're right.

Client send mix() command to server. Server does the job. But ios client can't send this command. 

If all clients have ios devices, noone can do mix().  And this is very bad.

if this is  just the command, why ios doesn't have it :D

Can we do this by accessing the socket? With emit message? We tried this method on Javascript and it's worked.

0 Kudos
Ferhat_D_
Beginner

Any help?

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

I'm afraid you cannot emit message to server side since iOS SDK does not expose socket object or signaling channel to app. I'll add mix() as a requested feature. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ferhat_D_
Beginner

Ok. I hope you can add this very soon :)  Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Ferhat_D_
Beginner

Hi again,

I wonder, is there any plan soon to add mix/unmix functions iOS SDK. And we will be release soon and for now, we can't add ios clients to mixed stream.

Can you share any schedule for this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ferhat_D_
Beginner

Any news?

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Ferhat

Controlling API refactoring is under discussion. And one option is controlling API will be treated as server REST APIs and move out of client SDK. So during this period, no new controlling API will be added to client SDK until the decision is finalized. Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos