Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

IPv6 Support?

Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Chunbo,

“We are trying to configure the MCU 3.1.1 server in pure IPV6 network. But it is not working.

When we start the service with ./start-all.sh the webrtc-agent fails to start.
By seeing the error, we have changed a line of code in “access-agent/index.js” from “IPv4” to “IPv6”.
This atleast enabled the services to start properly.
One more change we have done is, in the controller.toml, we have mentioned the IP address as “::1” (for IPV6)
We have the socket io server working. And the room console is working.
But, when we access the service on https://[::1]:3004 , the stream is getting captured and SDP is getting sent. 
But the stream is not getting published. And we are getting "ICE connection failed” error.

Please advise on how to proceed with the IPV6 configuration.
And kindly let us know, whether the MCU will work on IPV6 configuration?

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Naresh,

Current release of MCU does not support IPv6 network. We're working on this feature.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Chunbo,,

Due to IOS newest version must use ipv6 address in any project
How can we work around with IOS IPV6

Thanks
Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

We also noticed that iOS app have to support IPv6 before online at app store. So iOS SDK IPv6 + MCU IPv6 will be supported in next patch release.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Any updates on IPv6 Support in the latest release?

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Naresh

In v3.2.1, we enhanced the iOS SDK to support DNS64/NAT64 network, which is validated in the NAT64 network created by macOS 10.11 El Capitan. As you know, macOS just released new version 10.12 during past month, we will provide another patch release 3.2.2 to support macOS 10.12 validation soon, maybe couple of weeks around October.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

With the coming release, Intel CS MCU also supports IPv6?

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Let me clarify on this. What we did and doing in current and coming patch release is to make sure iOS SDK can pass Apple store validation on IPv6, and MCU can be compatible with IPv6 candidates. The real communication channel system used still use IPv4. Hope this fits your concern.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Thank you for the update!

Thanks & Regards

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Any updates on MCU server support IPv6?

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Naresh

Not supported yet, currently team focus is on enhancing general capability like customized SDK input, media engine capability, cluster deployment, etc. Hopefully we can address IPv6 support inside 2017. Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Does Intel CS WebRTC MCU Latest verison supports IPV6 Network?

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Naresh

It should have some problem on MCU IPv6 support, but not big issue, since we have ever supported IPv6 before 4.0. We are working on MCU open source by March and very willing to work with you together to make the problem fixed. 

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Dear Lei,

Any update on the support for IPv6 MCU?

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos