Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Install VCA software , report Error missing filepath parameter

董_洪_
Beginner

I  install IntelVisualComputeAccelerator_Persistent_Reference_1.3.48.zip follow the VCA_SoftwareUserGuide_1_3.pdf, When i go on to section 4

Using the software , execute the command 

vcactl update-BIOS

And report Error: missing filepath parameter

What can i do to fix the bug?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
董_洪_
Beginner

@Lei Zhai (Intel)

When i bypass the missing filepath parameter problem, and execute the command

vcactl boot vca_persistent_centos7.2_1.3.48.img, And next vcactl wait , wait the vca status to net_device_ready

But it report Error: 

Card: 0 Cpu: 0 STATE: nfs_mount_error
Card: 0 Cpu: 1 STATE: nfs_mount_error
Card: 0 Cpu: 2 STATE: nfs_mount_error

But boot the vca_baremetal_production_centos7.2_1.3.48.img not have the problem

• look forward to your answer

0 Kudos
Wenjie_Z_Intel
Employee

Do your boot up and configure your NFS directory on host machine correctly?

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Hi, Please follow steps below:

1. Go to 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25590/Intel-Visual-Compute-Accelerator-BIOS-Update?product=87380

to download bios image, then run vcactl update-BIOS <biosImageFile>

2. Go to 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26386/Intel-Visual-Compute-Accelerator-EEPROM-Update?product=87380

to download eeprom file, then run vcactl update-EEPROM <eepromImageFile>

3. Run yum install nfs-utils to install nfs tools for nfs_mount_error

0 Kudos
董_洪_
Beginner

Thank you for your answer

I download the bios image, eeprom file and already update succes. than i follow the step

vca_persistent_<version>.img

i. This image also requires vca_rootfs_<version>-tree.tar.gz
    ii. This image boots a minimal image and all other folders are mounted back to an NFS share on the host. The name of the folders and share must be exactly as described. See section on "Setting up host for persistent file image" before performing the next step.
    iii. The image contains reference kernel (including MSS patches) and contains the latest1 publicly released MSS Community Edition (without media samples package)
    iv. The image is tested by validation team in limited way (basic scenarios only)

than I see section on "Setting up host for persistent file image"  , and there also tips To set-up CentOS 7 NFS server, see section on setting up NFS under CentOS Tips and Tricks

So I see section on 15.5 Creating NFS Share , And i have found there need ssh which recommend in section

15.2 SSH Password-less configuration , Executed in sequence Section 15.2->15.3->15.5->9-> vcactl boot vca_persistent_centos7.2_1.3.48.img  , but also report Error: 

Card: 0 Cpu: 0 STATE: nfs_mount_error
Card: 0 Cpu: 1 STATE: nfs_mount_error
Card: 0 Cpu: 2 STATE: nfs_mount_error

There are two questions in the process

1.when i execute 15.2, the document script the vca ip is 172.31.${i}.1 , but it failed, use "ip a" command found ,the vca ip is 172.31.${i}.254

2.Is the section 15.4 Creating a local YUM Repository necessary?

look forward to your answer

0 Kudos