Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
1146 Discussions

Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC v3.5 Release Announcement

YanW_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the release of the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC Version 3.5.  The release is freely available to download from the Intel® Developer Zone site at http://webrtc.intel.com

The following list highlights some of the features in this release (refer to the Release Notes for the full feature list and details):

• Added Apple Safari browser version 11 support in Client SDK for JavaScript.
  • Added flexible region ratio support on both width and height for MCU mixed stream video layout.
  • Enhanced media transcoding capability on resolutions, framerate, key frame interval, bitrate change requirements.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Yan Wang

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi,

Safari to Safari forward stream is not working, mix works very fine

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
YanW_Intel
Employee

Hi Naresh, 

Thank you for trying our fresh code. Please descripe your case in details. We can help you to figure it out.

Thanks,

Yan

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Yan,

We have installed latest version MCU and tried using basic example room

1. Chrome Windows users with ?mix=false can able to see all the videos 

2. 1 Mac Safari user with ?mix=false can able to see only windows chrome user video

3. 2 Mac Safari user with ?mix=false can only able to see windows chrome user 

But both safari users can not able to see each other in SFU mode but same in /?mix=true can able to see all the videos 

Also When all the session disconnects internal TCP ports are still listening, unless restart the mcu services

We used CentOS 7.2 Software accelerated Conference mode

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

I mean woogen_webrtc tcp sessions even after session disconnects this ports are still listenening

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Mid_J_
Beginner

Hi Yang,

The release notes seem to be a very high level which does not even document the folders change which are referred in every documentation. avstream has been modified and streaming folder has been added but there is no documentation and it becomes a nightmare to debug whenever version change happens.since this is not open source , we can do a diff betwen the code also.

Kind request atleast major changes need to be documented or allow users to correct docs and internal teams can validate.After every version change we need up spending a week to sort out things which shakes product trust.

in addition to conference and streaming folder changes, the complete sip gateway is missing from last 2-3 version so we have no clue how to start it. There is no documentation available to refer if the sampels are not applicable or it has been removed form the current code. How to get the sip portal etc and how does it related to earlier sip gateway isnt documented so as a end user, i can not know if SIP has been removed totally. But i am sure this is not the case as sip portal and agents is still there.

Request some attention on updating documentation or atleast put in the release notes for now.

0 Kudos
YanbinZ_Intel
Employee

Naresh R. wrote:

Hi Yan,

We have installed latest version MCU and tried using basic example room

1. Chrome Windows users with ?mix=false can able to see all the videos 

2. 1 Mac Safari user with ?mix=false can able to see only windows chrome user video

3. 2 Mac Safari user with ?mix=false can only able to see windows chrome user 

But both safari users can not able to see each other in SFU mode but same in /?mix=true can able to see all the videos 

Also When all the session disconnects internal TCP ports are still listening, unless restart the mcu services

We used CentOS 7.2 Software accelerated Conference mode

Thanks

Naresh

Hi Naresh 

For Safari browser,  the performance was not very good now especially on iPhone platform . Some freeze issues were reported to WebKit. Most of these restrictions and policies are made by Apple or WebKit.

There are some restrictions on iPhone:

Video policy for iOS: https://webkit.org/blog/6784/new-video-policies-for-ios/

WebKit policy for getUserMedia: https://youtu.be/4gG5HXVOByY

We can't reproduce your problem with our 3.5 release.

Following scenarios we re-tested this morning . 

Scenario 1:

User1 login on iPad with Safari 11, User2 login on MAC safari 11.  

Result: Both sides can show each other forward stream well .

Scenario 2:

Both sides login on two different MAC Safari 11. 

Result: It may be need waiting for a little bit time to show each other video . This is a known issue. 

Scenario 3

Both sides login on same MAC Safari 11 with two different tab.  

Result: only one tab can use camera stream which is  restrict by Safari. Safari subscribe forward stream publish by himself . It would be the black one. 

Thanks

Yanbin

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Yanbin,

Thanks for the reply, some how we could not achieve forward stream from mac safari to safari users.

what is the OS you tested with at MCU side and is it Software accelerated or Hardware accelerated.

Also as per my earlier notice most of the times TCP ports are not getting released after session disconnects we just used basic example room for testing. some times even UDP ports will not release due to which room is getting failed, and have to restart service or kill the PID forcefully

This issue is only happening from version 3.3 i am experiencing this issue from past 1 year and more, could not able to resolve this even we changed network changed hardware but still problem exists

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-collaboration-suite-for-webrtc/topic/700052

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
YanW_Intel
Employee

Hi Mid,

Thank you for your good advice. We should add the these changes in the release notes. Here is the summary of v3.5 release. Please check. We will refine it in the future. Thanks again.

For the gateway part, We did not do many updates event in our internal version. Now we make it low priority.

Thanks,

Yan

Changes

Reason

“session_agent” changes to “conference_agent”

More appropriate name.

“avstream_agent” changes to “streaming_agent”.

More appropriate name.

“fdkaac” can be installed into “audio_agent” instead of “avstream_agent”

optimized the structure to converge all audio codec/processing into AudioNode instead of scattered in different Nodes in v3.5.

This change is also for audio performance enhancement.

Agent log file name format changes like webrtc-xxxxxx@ip_seq.log

Add IP in log file names.

Add a configure item “initialize_timeout” for recording agent in agent.toml

The recorder initialization time may differ in various situation.

Mid J. wrote:

Hi Yang,

The release notes seem to be a very high level which does not even document the folders change which are referred in every documentation. avstream has been modified and streaming folder has been added but there is no documentation and it becomes a nightmare to debug whenever version change happens.since this is not open source , we can do a diff betwen the code also.

Kind request atleast major changes need to be documented or allow users to correct docs and internal teams can validate.After every version change we need up spending a week to sort out things which shakes product trust.

in addition to conference and streaming folder changes, the complete sip gateway is missing from last 2-3 version so we have no clue how to start it. There is no documentation available to refer if the sampels are not applicable or it has been removed form the current code. How to get the sip portal etc and how does it related to earlier sip gateway isnt documented so as a end user, i can not know if SIP has been removed totally. But i am sure this is not the case as sip portal and agents is still there.

Request some attention on updating documentation or atleast put in the release notes for now.

0 Kudos
Stephen_-_
New Contributor I
  • Added flexible region ratio support on both width and height for MCU mixed stream video layout.

Is there any more information on what this does and how to test this feature? It seems to be missing from the documentation atm but would like to try it out.

0 Kudos
Kiran_Raj_RA
Beginner

Hi Intel cs webrtc  support Team,

We are also facing some issues that are mentioned below I will give details (browser chrome to chrome)

1. our MCU (v3.4.1) is running in test without load for about some months and without any problem, when last day it crashes and  my search gives me this  https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-collaboration-suite-for-webrtc/topic/700052 ;   our machine mcu v3.4.1 is running in the dedicated server not a cluster deployment, (a) i find zombies process running on the server please refer the uploaded screenshot (b) if heavy traffic comes to a single room the room will get the error below shows

ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to 166c3f2c-3313-358b-11c7-1c3dd51ab4f0.publish
And warning in server log as below
WARN: WebRtcConnection - Bad source SSRC in RTCP feedback packet: 2412642309
after the error the room will be inaccessible we need to create a new room but the zombies process are still there and lots of UDP ports are also opened.
(c) i just only restarted the webrtc-agent then i am able to access the room that is inaccessible. so that I found the solution that running the intel mcu with a heavy load is not possible in a single instance to need to do clustering.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my questions

1. if i move mcu v3.4.1 to clustering like (1 instance 8core 30 gb ram video-agent,audio-agent,recording agent,secondary cluster) next instance (1 instance 8 core 30gb sip-portal, sip-agent,primary cluster, mongodb ,rabbitmq) next instance (2 instance 4core 15gb ram for portals ) next instance (1 single 4 core 15 gb ram to run webrtc agent in auto scalable so it will deploy next instance as per the load) and then the nuve is also in scalable. is this product is stable without zombies ports and processes.

0 Kudos