Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC v4.0.2 Released for Chrome 69 beta Compatibility

Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

For 3.5, 3.5.1 and 3.5.2, please try the following workaround to fix this issue. Thanks.

Impacted versions:

ICS JavaScript SDK 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.5.2, 4.0, 4.0.1.

Issue:

You may see following error message in console if you are trying to run ICS JavaScript on Chrome 69 or 70.

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'addTransceiver' on 'RTCPeerConnection': …

The reason for this error is Chromium implemented Unified Plan recently, and addTransceiver is not allowed to be executed on RTCPeerConnection if SDP semantics is Plan B. However, our SDK still uses Plan B and it executes addTransceiver if the type of addTransceiver is function. We are planning to migrate to Unified Plan in future releases.

Workaround:

Adding following JavaScript statement to your HTML or JavaScript file which loads before ICS JavaScript SDK if your end-user’s browser is Chrome 69 or 70.

RTCPeerConnection.prototype.addTransceiver = undefined;

It tells SDK addTransceiver is not available in current browser. Then, SDK will fall back to old APIs, i.e offerToReceiveAudio and offerToReceiveVideo.

For 4.0 and 4.0.1, we encourage you to upgrade your ICS JavaScript SDK to 4.0.2 which fixed this issue.

0 Kudos
libojacky
Beginner

谢谢

0 Kudos
Stephen_-_
New Contributor I

I've been using 4.0.2 for a month, (was using 3.5.2 prior).

The stability is very good! On 3.5.2 it would crash usually about every 1.5 weeks, and that was pretty annoying, I made it a rule to restart the server once a week. Now though, it has been over a month, and over 6000 entry tokens given out, and everything is running very smoothly! Big difference! Not a single restart needed yet.

A new issue has arisen though, and that is that often iOS users can not see chrome user's h.264 forward streams (javascript sdk). It doesn't happen all the time, and some iphone users can see the streams and some cant. I'm thinking it may be a keyframe timing issue. Is there any way of adjusting this and is this a known issue?

I hope firefox bandwidth limitation is coming very soon. I'm noticing a shift towards user's preferring firefox, and firefox tries to use 550kbps on 240p and waaaay too much on 480p. That's fine for 1v1 but not good for conferences.

Keep up the good work :)

0 Kudos