Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Issue with compilation of SVT-HEVC Encoder Library in v.4.2

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

When I am doing fresh and clean installation of Intel CS for WebRTC framework v.4.2 (CentOS 7.x), I am unable to compile the SVT-HEVC Encoder Library. I am following the official documentation from Intel (Section 2.3.6 Deploy SVT-HEVC Encoder Library). When I am executing "sudo ./compile_svtHevcEncoder.sh" command from Release-<Version>/video_agent folder, I am not getting any error or anything. Simply, operating system console prompt ($) is coming. libSvtHevcEnc.so.1 is also not generating. Can anybody explain how to compile this properly? Does it work on CentOS? Or It works on Ubuntu only? Because, I noticed that it supports Ubuntu OS in their official web site (https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/SVT-HEVC).

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Currently, SVT-HEVC feature is only available in Ubuntu software version, it is not enabled in CentOS version, please use v4.2 Ubuntu package to have a try.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Qiujiao,

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please confirm whether the support of SVT-HEVC feature on CentOS is in your product roadmap or not?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos