Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
1146 Discussions

Kinda urgent, firefox no longer compatible.

Stephen_-_
New Contributor I

When you try to subscribe to a stream, the following error shows in console "ICE failed, add a STUN server and see about:webrtc for more details"

I don't believe a STUN server is required, as it is not using P2P, the server has a direct connection to the internet and is acting as a forwarder.

It was caused by this as printed in the release notes https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/74.0/releasenotes/

Firefox now provides better privacy for your web voice and video calls through support for mDNS ICE by cloaking your computer’s IP address with a random ID in certain WebRTC scenarios.

I have had a user disable a firefox flag and be able to continue as normal, however I didn't write down what flag he said works... but there is a flag!

Obviously this isn't acceptable... Is there any advice on a fix for this issue with an upcoming new release? To not have default firefox compatibility is a big disadvantage.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stephen_-_
New Contributor I

Okay the temporary fix firefox users can do, is go to about:config in the address bar.

Search for "obfuscate",

either add the hostname to the "media.peerconnection.ice.obfuscate_host_addresses.whitelist" flag, or set media.peerconnection.ice.obfuscate_host_addresses to false.

Other webrtc sites don't seem to be having this issue.

0 Kudos
Stephen_-_
New Contributor I

Furthermore, changing 

conference = new Owt.Conference.ConferenceClient();

to

conference = new Owt.Conference.ConferenceClient({ 
    iceServers:  [{
    urls: "stun:stun.l.google.com:19302"
    }]
});

Does not change the behaviour or the error message complaining for a stun server. Am I correct that that is a valid stun server address at the moment? Have I put it in right?

0 Kudos