Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

NAT environment not working all the time

Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Dear Team,

We have installed Intel MCUv5 CentOS 7.2 Software accelerated in a Natted Environment  in a single machine

Type of NAT: Static

No of Network Interfaces: 1 

No of ports opened: TCP: 443 , 80, 3000-3004, 8080, 27017 , 5672,  UDP Range: 49152-65535

1. when we configure public IP under webrtc_agent.toml file stream from local network wont publish at all, but when we changed it to default[] it works from local network with out any issues

from the above scenario(1) from public network stream sometimes get publishes but most of time it wont publish, we also configure stun/turn servers also on public network directly with no restrictions

2. what ever the configuration we give in webrtc_agent/agent.toml server just takes and it is not working from public network

Please let us know the best configuration which works under NAT Environment

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
33 Replies
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Similar configuration works well with MCU v 3.3 in the above said environment

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

We will try to reproduce this issue, stay tuned

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Qiujiao,

Did you tried to reproduce the scenario. even when mcu v4 and mcu v5 installed on public network some times video gets stopped at end of candidates, but this issue is not there with 3.3 version

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

We did not reproduce this issue with v3.4. For v3.5, we will have a 3.5.1 release to fix this issue, stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Qiujiao,

Can we get a quick patch to fix this issue with 3.5

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Naresh, version 3.5.1 will be released no later than next week, stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Hi, Naresh, 3.5.1 has been released, please have a try.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Qiujiao,

Thanks for the update, now it seems to working now, but  tcp ports and woogen_webrtc PID is not getting released or closed even after session disconnects.

I have raised this issue earlier too

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Naresh, about tcp port and woogeen_webrtc PID issue, could you provide more detailed info on how to reproduce?

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Qiujiao,

Scenario:

We have installed Intel MCUv5.1 Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit (14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 13 01:07:32 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Codename:  trusty) Software accelerated in a Natted Environment  in a single machine with all the components  like mongodb, rabbitmq installed on same machine 

No of ports opened: TCP: 443 , 80, 3000-3004, 8080, 27017 , 5672,  UDP Range: 49152-65535

Just opened basic example in single machine multiple tabs and try to refresh multiple times and close

Attached is the webrtc agent.toml and portal.toml file for configuration and screen sdot of netstat -pltun after session ends you can see TCP and their PID still active and has to restart service to  close all the pid

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Also from the above scenario when i restart rabbitmq service those pid or ports will stop listening or closed, i believe connection between rabbitmq  and webrtc component is not getting closed even after session ends

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Naresh, thanks for reporting this issue, we will try to reproduce it, stay tuned

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Qiujiao,

Did you tried to reproduce the scenario

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Yes, we reproduced it in our environment. We are looking into this issue and stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Qiujiao,

Also we are facing another issue

We have installed Intel MCUv5.1 or any version of MCU from v3.3 Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit (14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 13 01:07:32 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Codename:  trusty) Software accelerated in a Natted Environment  in a single machine with all the components  like mongodb, rabbitmq installed on same machine 

Provided Public IP under webrtc_agent

1. Now when users connecting the server with in MPLS network we observed in network tool that session is also hitting public IP due to this MPLS network users getting blacked out videos some times of subscribers and user has to refresh multiple times to get video. 

MPLS users are from different geographical locations connected to central server with MPLS point to point connectivity

Local network users will not have access to public IP in Natting environment which is obvious

but public users having no issue in subscribing videos

2. when i remove public IP from webrtc_agent internet users are not able to login to the session and stream gets failed

I believe there is some configuration issue at webrtc_agent level which has to be fixed in natting environment

Please test this scenario with atleast 10 users internally with in local network in natted environment providing public IP in webrtc_agent and some users connecting from internet also

Thanks

Narsh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Also from the above issue when we provide local ip in webrtc_agent toml file  it works well will mpls or lan users. 

But doesn’t work with internet users. I believe there is some configuration issue how the call routes 

thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

we will try to reproduce this bug, stay tuned

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Naresh, for the MPLS internal and external access issue, you can launch 2 webrtc agent and set 2 different isp for these 2 webrtc agents, then one is for internal network users, the other one is for external network users. Then user can specify isp in createToken API for different network.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Qiujiao, you mean do we have to deploy cluster for these in 2 separate machines, how can we launch 2 webrtc-agents in a single machine with natted environment.

Also did you reproduced the issue which i have mentioned 

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Yes, we have reproduced issue you mentioned in nat network, and it will work well launching 2 webrtc agents with different isp. Please follow steps below:

1. set ipsp to "internal" in Release-v3.5.1/webrtc-agent/agent.toml and other internal network settings and launch webrtc agent 1

2. copy webrtc-agent, bin, package.json in Release-3.5.1 to a new folder test, and then set ipsp to "external" in test/webrtc-agent/agent.toml  and other external network settings, then launch webrtc agent 2

3. user 1 in internal network call createToken with setting isp to "internal" in preference option and then join room

4. user 2 in external network call createToken with setting isp to "external" in preference option and then join room

Then internal and external network should work well, you can deploy 2 portal with the same isps setting as webrtc agent

0 Kudos